Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to log onto our UL network account from our own laptop?

Options
  • 19-11-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

I'm in Dromroe and want to know if it's possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

That depends on what you want to do with the network.
    Is it just email that you're after, or library resources, or networked folders?

More information is available here and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

IceHawk wrote: »
    That depends on what you want to do with the network.
    Is it just email that you're after, or library resources, or networked folders?

More information is available here and here.

It's to log onto Core Portal. FortiClient seems to do the job, I just can't get it to connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Forticlient works for staff accounts - I use it a lot to connect to my work desktop from home with remote desktop. It allows mapping of network drives too. According to the second link posted by IceHawk though, ssl vpn access is not available to students. So for core portal, looks like you're stuck with doing it from on-campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Daniel S wrote: »
    It's to log onto Core Portal. FortiClient seems to do the job, I just can't get it to connect.
    The core portal, as in Sharepoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The core portal, as in Sharepoint?

Core Portal is also the official name for the system the college uses for wages/timesheets etc for staff

• Advertisement
Advertisement