Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged Twice

Options
  • 19-11-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Purchased a phone online on Wednesday, there was a problem with the website so I had to ring the company and purchase it over the phone. On bank statement it says that I was charged twice for it. I rang the company back and they have no record of two charges, so I rang the bank and they basically said that it should rectify itself with 3 working days. Just checked there again and the money it still missing from account plus a charge of 10 euro. I have a direct debit coming out on Wednesday, could someone please help me with this? How long does it take for the money to go back in? I have sent a pm to boi here but no reply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi kate357,

Thanks for posting.

We have checked our inbox and don't appear to have received your pm. Generally, you need to have had at least 25 posts to be able to send a private message.

If the narrative on your statement reads as DEBIT CARD, this means the transactions have not been fully processed to your account. Provided the retailer only processes one of the payments, the second amount will automatically correct and be removed from your account. This generally takes five working days.

However, if the narrative on both of the transactions shows the retailers name, this means they have debited your card twice and processed both payments in full. You would need to contact them to request a refund or complete a Visa Debit Transaction Dispute form.

If you contact your branch, a representative can look into the additional €10 charge and the direct debit that is due out tomorrow. Contact details for your branch can be located here.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement