Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning With Amazon Black Friday Deals and Amazon App

Options
  • 19-11-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

So there is probably a number of people here availing of the black friday deals on amazon this week but word of warning be careful with the app and one click purchasing.

So there was an SSD on there earlier for £99, and using the app i loaded up the deals page at half 11 and was straight into the deal within seconds and seen 1 click purchase available. Lovely i thought, its gonna be a popular one best to get it done nice and quick.

It was a while later i checked email and was hit with a charge of 180 quid.

so anyway after a few emails and a call it turns out that one click is NOT covered by deals. you use one click you don't get the discount.

fair enough i thought but why display one click on an app where space is limited and why is not there for others?

After some looking and testing i found that when a deal goes live it takes over 10 seconds for the app to remove the 1 click purchase option from the page meaning its there and easy to see.

I managed to get a video to show people what i mean,

had to cancel my order as it was to expensive (i'm buying it to give to my GF to give to me for Christmas) so at 180+ i'm not worth that much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lots of "So..s" going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

What model phone were you using? What was the data connection 2g/3g/wifi? Just asking as it could be the case that a slower phone/data connection could be introducing the 10 second delay. Important info to provide imho (apologies if it's in the video but I didn't watch it).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

biebiebie wrote: »
    What model phone were you using? What was the data connection 2g/3g/wifi? Just asking as it could be the case that a slower phone/data connection could be introducing the 10 second delay. Important info to provide imho (apologies if it's in the video but I didn't watch it).

s3 with H+ connection (doesn't always mean good speeds but i've got speeds of 5mb in both areas before)

I think if there was a delay that way i wouldn't be able to see the deal be live it should be greyed out but i can see the decription and the timer has started

sorry about the so's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

That's so'k ;)

Advertisement