Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in Dublin to record a voice over demo?

Options
  • 19-11-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Mods feel free to move to wherever you think is appropriate!

I've been using a self made demo for a while for voice over work, and I'd like to get a professional one recorded. Can anyone recommend any studios in Dublin best suited for this? I've looked up several, but they all seem to be geared towards music demos for bands. Has anyone has recorded anything similar, or knows anywhere that would record a voice demo?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

www.piehole.ie will do demos for you in a professional setting

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

Thanks, I have checked them out and they quoted me at about three hundred quid... I'm just shopping around to see if there's anywhere cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Voicebox in Irishtown, Dublin 4 maybe?
    By the way,do you need an equity card to do voiceovers for ads etc.? It is mostly actors that do them, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

car.kar wrote: »
    Mods feel free to move to wherever you think is appropriate!

I've been using a self made demo for a while for voice over work, and I'd like to get a professional one recorded. Can anyone recommend any studios in Dublin best suited for this? I've looked up several, but they all seem to be geared towards music demos for bands. Has anyone has recorded anything similar, or knows anywhere that would record a voice demo?

Thanks!

You should give a few of the radio stations a bell. They have purpose built studios to for in house V/O stuff. Spin/98FM , FM104/Q102, East-coast etc.. I know East Coast do them, they where running a competition to get a professional demo done.

Advertisement