Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sparky Sacked......(maybe)

• 19-11-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭

Hearing it all over the place, just finding a link

Got the news from my cousin who lives a stones throw from loftus Road and is a big Rangers fan

EDIT : Just spoke to the dope (Cousin, not sparky ) he said that he'd heard sparky had a 2hr meeting and didn't take training....DOH

Sorry, just close and re-open it again next week ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Rafa Benitez to be the next manager id put my house on it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hearing it all over the place, just finding a link
    I heard he hasn't been yet

Yurt wrote: »
    Don't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

'Arry will be rubbing his mits, odds on to get the job IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

That would be a dodgy one for Rafa.

It's vital that he succeeds in the next job he takes after failing at Inter, and taking over a team that's bottom of the League wouldn't be ideal.

Rafa deserves a better job than this anyway, he's way above that level.

It beggars belief that a club like Spurs would overlook him for someone like AVB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sky News still saying "business as usual at Loftus Road".

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

'Sparky Rumoured to be Sacked' would be more accurate

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Unlucky OP...you were almost an ITK. Keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

This job would be perfect for Benitez. He would turn results around in no time and with the resources QPR have i wouldn't be surprised if they were challenging for European football in the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1945:

London Evening Standard football correspondent James Olley has tweeted that it "sounds like QPR have sacked [manager] Mark Hughes". We've spoken to a press officer at the club, who could not confirm this is the case. If we hear anything more, you'll be the first to know.

possibly where it came from.

BBC ^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Leaving Fulham was a mistake, I think he may have to work his way back up the ladder again now. He's been a disaster at QPR. He also comes across as a very strange man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

More or less gone I reckon. But I agree the thread title is not accurate....yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Rumour merchants (aka Twitter users) are probably the worst thing about football. Worse than diving and Michael Owen.

He hasn't been sacked yet though. Only a matter of time. It's probably just a legal thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

This job would be perfect for Benitez. He would turn results around in no time and with the resources QPR have i wouldn't be surprised if they were challenging for European football in the next few years.

It's not simply a matter of them getting a new manager and magically getting results. Their defence is all over the place and they're a team packed with individuals. It would take a mammoth effort for them to even survive this season given they have a lot of perceived easy games out of the way, and bar Villa (who will be grand), Soton and Reading, everyone else seems to be pulling away from the relegation zone even at this early stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Harry's rolling up his car window as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Savman wrote: »
    More or less gone I reckon. But I agree the thread title is not accurate....yet.

fixed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Not sacked yet, but surely they will. Harry will come in and lead them to safety i'd say. Hughes shud drop a level or 2 to whoever will have him in champ or league 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Stevecw wrote: »
    Not sacked yet, but surely they will. Harry will come in and lead them to safety i'd say. Hughes shud drop a level or 2 to whoever will have him in champ or league 1.

Hughes's agent and mates in the media will get him another Premier League job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The worst mistake Hughes made was getting involved with Kia Joorabchian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Also why would Rafa take this job? It's another death trap for him. He walked into Inter after Mourinho and now he's hardly going to take a job with a bunch of guys who are underperforming and in need of a miracle.

Not for Rafa IMO and I don't think he'd be remotely interested tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

A quick update on the future of QPR boss Mark Hughes. There are lots of rumours tonight suggesting that he has been sacked but Kia Joorabchian, an advisor to the Rangers boss, has insisted to the BBC that Hughes remains in charge at Loftus Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I can't believe this thread is still open

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And now it's not. The November Sack Race thread is available here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81829951#post81829951

If the OP provides confirmation at a later date, this thread may be re-opened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement