Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp in walls

• 19-11-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all I'm I had a surveyor in to investigate mould in my kitchen which turned out to be a leaking pipe which is now fixed,as a result the kitchen wall (masonary and plastered) which is an external wall has a 90% moisture content rating so I'm looking for advice on how to treat this problem I got a quote over the phone from a builder for €7000 which doesn't seem right to me, I have a construction background so hopefully I can do most of the work and keep the cost down. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Im no expert but that price seems enormous.

Could you not just keep the room heated up to dry the wall and then just plaster it because the leak is fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 D.24

Im no expert but that price seems enormous.

Could you not just keep the room heated up to dry the wall and then just plaster it because the leak is fixed?

That was my plan till I talked to that builder who is a family friend, now I'm confused so before I rip out the kitchen and start the works i will need to know I'm doing the right thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭dathi

hire or buy a dehumidifier and leave it in the room for several weeks until you get the moisture level down then you can decide what needs replacing

Advertisement