Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham vs Stoke El Hoofico

• 19-11-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

1-0 Stoke walters with a nice finish from a set piece.

poor game so far, Crouch and Carroll playmakers with their heads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Well worked goal, teriffic finish. You'd never see Walters and Whelan doing anything like that when playing for Ireland, as ingenuity is not allowed under Trapattoni's "system".

Stoke are a horrible team though, they add nothing to the Premier League. At least West Ham are trying to play football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

As bad a game as expected. Stoke worked that goal well alrite, now will just drop deeper and hoof more balls than ever at Crouch.

West Ham doing nothin yet.

I did laugh when Alan Smith said something along the lines of "you'd think Carroll would be able to sort his feet out quicker than that."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

grenache wrote: »
    Well worked goal, teriffic finish. You'd never see Walters and Whelan doing anything like that when playing for Ireland, as ingenuity is not allowed under Trapattoni's "system".

Stoke are a horrible team though, they add nothing to the Premier League. At least West Ham are trying to play football.

'Well worked goal with a terrific finish' in your own words yet they add nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good solid game so far, very entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Some effort by N'Zonzi or however u spell it..had Jask beaten for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Stevecw wrote: »
    Some effort by N'Zonzi or however u spell it..had Jask beaten for sure

****ing sweet strike of the ball for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Credit to Allardyce, West Ham look really good and have done most occasions I've seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Irish international joey O Brien 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Some good pressure from West Ham in that second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Allardiici has them playing some good stuff, although its easy to look good when playing stoke.

they really are a horrible team to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

West Ham played some decent football, until they wanted a goal and lumped it forward into the box.

Which is a brilliant game plan against Stoke I must say...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Best league in the world (tm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Best league in the world (tm)
    Plenty of crappy teams in other supposedly glamourous leagues. Have you ever watched Levante?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Stevecw wrote: »
    As bad a game as expected.

i don't think i've ever enjoyed a match involving Pulis' Stoke - he should manage some other form of football - GAA, rugby or Aussie rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Plenty of crappy teams in other supposedly glamourous leagues. Have you ever watched Levante?
    Spain's Stoke
    Ballesterous is there Huth very dirty player

EdenHazard wrote: »

'Well worked goal with a terrific finish' in your own words yet they add nothing?
    Any team can do a well practiced training ground move. You think they add anything meaningful from open play? Stoke do nothing to catch the imagination.

You won't find a Stoke type team in La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga. It's bad football. Not hard to see why the other three nations national sides are far ahead of England's.

You do final teams like Stoke in Spain. Few years ago Bilbao were like that, now Levante are like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    West Ham played some decent football, until they wanted a goal and lumped it forward into the box.

Which is a brilliant game plan against Stoke I must say...

Agreed Jelle, but did you once again see the Scum Stoke tatics of blocking McCartney (Charlie Adam) for the run towards walters?

Thats Pulis/Stoke all over.

Knacks

EdenHazard wrote: »
    You do final teams like Stoke in Spain. Few years ago Bilbao were like that, now Levante are like that.
    Levante might overly physical but they can play a bit football too, more than Stoke can do.

• Advertisement

Least Stoke offer something different than the norm. Who wants to see two teams like Swansea of last year play each other? Not me. To me that is **** football, no invention just like in the Simpsons when they show the football match and the players are just knocking it around the back four for ages. I wouldn't be in a rush to watch them but if they were on TV i'd prob wanna watch them more than some non talented team think they are Barcelona by playing 4-3-3 and passing the ball sideways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

grenache wrote: »
    You won't find a Stoke type team in La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga. It's bad football.
    Sky Sports usually only ever show Barca and Real, therefore you don't see a lot of the dross of La Liga.

Advertisement