Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student/CAO options-best option

Options
  • 19-11-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,I am 27 and I was just enquiring about applying for Social Care next year in CIT. Social Care points next year are supposedly 370. Firstly I have completed 2 Fetac level courses(Health Care Assistant and Business Studies)in The College of Commerce Cork and between the 2 of them courses I would have 8 distinctions-thus giving me a total of 400 points when converted over from my best 8 modules or (375)from Care Assistant alone if they don't count two awards together. I mention this because I am in Canada for the year until next September(2013) and if I applied as a mature student I gather I would need to come home for an interview before then?so would it be better to apply to the CAO through the Fetac awards route?so I wouldnt need to come home until college starts(like every other new students,,thanks for your help,

Advertisement