Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stokke tripp trapp harness

Options
  • 19-11-2012 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    After a great disappointment with my first highchair, I had to go and buy another for my one year old. I was reluctant to buy another ordinary highchair, as I felt we wouldn't get a huge amount of time out of it, and I also found the first one to be quite bulky and VERY unhygienic. We decided to invest in a stokke tripp trapp, as I've read all the rave reviews, and felt wed get much longer out of it.
    I bought in Tony Kealys, and they told me I needed the babyset, harness and cushion. Took it all out and put it together handily enough, but I'm baffled by the harness. I can't seem to fit it correctly, and the instructions are vague. If I put the plastic bit that keeps all the straps together down low at the back, then the shoulder straps are too small. If I put it up high at the back then it doesn't seem very secure. I need the harness at the moment, because my LO keeps pushing off the footrest and trying to stand up (quite successfully I might add!!)
    I love this chair, but I hope that after spending a small fortune on if that there's a knack to it that I'm missing out on, because at the moment it seems like its not very secure!
    I'm starting to wonder if I should have bought an oxo tot sprout, but it's too late for that now!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

ck83 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    After a great disappointment with my first highchair, I had to go and buy another for my one year old. I was reluctant to buy another ordinary highchair, as I felt we wouldn't get a huge amount of time out of it, and I also found the first one to be quite bulky and VERY unhygienic. We decided to invest in a stokke tripp trapp, as I've read all the rave reviews, and felt wed get much longer out of it.
    I bought in Tony Kealys, and they told me I needed the babyset, harness and cushion. Took it all out and put it together handily enough, but I'm baffled by the harness. I can't seem to fit it correctly, and the instructions are vague. If I put the plastic bit that keeps all the straps together down low at the back, then the shoulder straps are too small. If I put it up high at the back then it doesn't seem very secure. I need the harness at the moment, because my LO keeps pushing off the footrest and trying to stand up (quite successfully I might add!!)
    I love this chair, but I hope that after spending a small fortune on if that there's a knack to it that I'm missing out on, because at the moment it seems like its not very secure!
    I'm starting to wonder if I should have bought an oxo tot sprout, but it's too late for that now!!

Don't regret it - brilliant chair! I adore ours! I'm working long day Tom but on thurs will take a pic of how ours is done and post it for u! It was confusing! I gave up - my hubbie did it!
    It's fab!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

dublinlady wrote: »

Don't regret it - brilliant chair! I adore ours! I'm working long day Tom but on thurs will take a pic of how ours is done and post it for u! It was confusing! I gave up - my hubbie did it!
    It's fab!!

Thank you! I have done a bit of fiddling, and maybe have it figures, although I can't tell until tonorrow eve til I get home from work to test drive! I'd really appreciate a pic tho! I feel having a four instead of five point harness might be a design flaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I gave up on the harness and just use the baby set. I also gave up on the cushions pretty fast after washing them once too often!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I found with ours that you need to have the shoulder straps tight enough that baba can't get arms out, then you need to loosen the other straps (raising the "plastic bit" as you call it) until it is high enough up that baba is sitting up comfortably.

So, the security comes from the shoulder straps being tight enough around the arms to hold baba in place but there is flexibility to either sit up or lean forward.

Hope that helps

Advertisement