Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead (the game)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Best 20 quid I spent all year. Season finale wednesday night gonna be epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Best 20 quid I spent all year. Season finale wednesday night gonna be epic!

Pretty sure its tomorrow, the 20th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I just played the first episode yesterday. Always meant to buy it but didn't think I'd be able to wait between episodes so held off on buying it until I can blitz through them all one after the other.

Pretty sure its tomorrow, the 20th.

Wednesday for Playstation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Arent they releasing the whole thing early december on one disk for xbox ? or did i pick that nugget up wrong ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah, I'd be keen on giving this a try!

I couldn't find it on gamestop.ie, I'd be looking for the first episode on PS3 or PC, what's my best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

I actually didn't like the demo, but i'm not a big fan of the point and click genre. I'm much more looking forward to the Walking Dead FPS coming next year, a prequel to the series where you play as Daryl and it covers the timeframe between the outbreak and when he and Merle reach Atlanta.

Not much info so far... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_Survival_Instinct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

steve_r wrote: »

I couldn't find it on gamestop.ie, I'd be looking for the first episode on PS3 or PC, what's my best option?

For the PC its available on Steam.

steve_r wrote: »

I got it on PSN. On the PS3, open the Playstation Store and search for The Walking Dead. It should show you the 4 current episodes at 5 euro each. I got the season pass for 20 quid (one episode free) but don't know if they are still selling it. There is a demo as well. This is my Game of the Year choice and it has a brilliant story, highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I got the season for 14.99 Euro on offer on Steam a few months back. Only started playing it a week and a half ago but I've loved it and I'm up-to-date and ready for episode five tomorrow.

It's one of the best uses of narrative design any video game in history, the logic puzzles of old-school adventure games become emotional dilemmas in Tell Tale's game. The arc of Lee over the season has been brilliant and episode four leaves things in a very, very interesting place.

Most of the time children in games, film, whatever, are whining sacks of annoyance but the relationship you build up with Clem is probably the most striking connection I've ever experienced in a game.

Season two is already confirmed and given they have the tech ready to go now I can't imagine it taking a huge length of time before it's out.

The Activision game is a FPS made by one of their shovel-ware developers. This quote sums up why it's going to be little more than a bargin bin pick-up by fans of the franchise: "Unlike the comics and TV show where it’s the living that can provide the greatest threat, it appears from Gamble’s presentation that it will be the walkers that the player will have to be most wary of."

Yeah. That's what The Walking Dead is about.

If this is the sort of game people want, though, you'd be far better off playing Left 4 Dead or Dead Island and not a quick-and-dirty cash-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Syferus wrote: »

The Activision game is a FPS made by one of their shovel-ware developers. This quote sums up why it's going to be little more than a bargin bin pick-up by fans of the franchise: "Unlike the comics and TV show where it’s the living that can provide the greatest threat, it appears from Gamble’s presentation that it will be the walkers that the player will have to be most wary of."

Yeah. That's what The Walking Dead is about.

If this is the sort of game people want, though, you'd be far better off playing Left 4 Dead or Dead Island and not a quick-and-dirty cash-in.

I'm a big fan of both those titles and the Zombie shooter genre in general (as much as I loved Red Dead Redemption, i enjoyed Undead Nightmare even more, especially since it was the only game i've played where pretty much only a headshot will do) so i'm looking forward to seeing some gameplay before i decide whether to get it or not. Also wouldn't place too much stock in IGN reviews, aside from the very obviously superb or dreadful games I rarely agree with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

It wasn't a review or even a regular preview, which do tend to read like press releases on IGN. It was an impression from a presentation of the game by a fan of the franchise and someone who is right to have severe misgivings about the direction of the project.

The fact it's IGN of all places offering up a negative opinion tells you not to get you hopes up. The general critical reception has been lukewarm to say the very least.

Onto better news, Steam had episode five waiting for me when I got home, I'm looking forward to digging into it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Completed Telltales Walking Dead game last night. It's an absolutely fantastic game. Well worth the price of the season pass.

While it will not be my 'Game of the Year' [that goes to Journey on PS3], the way it uses your choices in the game to build a story is great and better than the majority of big titles that attempt to do the same thing.

I won't post any spoilers but the ending's sense of despair mixed with a sliver of hope was riveting. If you are a fan of TWD [you are reading this forum so I assume you are], you owe it to yourself to pick this up. AFAIK it is also available on iOS so go get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Syferus wrote: »
    The Activision game is a FPS made by one of their shovel-ware developers.

Terminal Reality, makers of Def Jam Rapster and Kinect Star Wars...

:(

Finished it last night, my GOTY! It's on PS3, xbox, PC and iOS. It's currently half price for all 5 episodes on Steam for €12.50. You really need to play it if you're a fan of TWD. It has the best story of all the media, comics, tv show and novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Episodes 1-5 on steam for €12.50 at the minute.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

Im not a happy camper, i seem to have lost all my saved data, gonna have to start the game from the beginning :(

Im not a happy camper, i seem to have lost all my saved data, gonna have to start the game from the beginning :(

there was an official patch released that fixes the save glitch and restores your saves in some cases. What system you playing it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Is this on PC?
    There is a bug that patch did not resolve for me, it stuck me on episode 3 even though I was halfway through episode 4. The PC is actually saving your game but not displaying it. You can continue by just clicking the choose random choices option, this actually does not overwrite your previous choices.

It worked for me, kept all my choices and prevented me from having to start again (tip thanks to the telltale website)

Ah cool, hope it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Otacon wrote: »
    Terminal Reality, makers of Def Jam Rapster and Kinect Star Wars...

They also made Ghostbusters which I though was great. Also Darryl and Merle have signed up to voice their characters. They are the main characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Just got around to starting this, finished the first two episodes today.

If anyone is on the fence or not sure if it's worth their time... Just go ahead and buy it! The more it progresses the more it starts to really test your perception of what is right and wrong. I'm actually enjoying it more than the TV series.

If you've ever thought you knew how you'd fare in a zombie apocalypse, play this game and you will learn something about yourself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cannot say enough good things about this game. Finished it last night. One of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. Seriously, play this game if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I just got this for the iPhone. Is it the same as the console version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think so. Haven't heard anything to the contrary. Only differences should be in how you actually play the game (controls etc)

Advertisement