Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 extractions /new dentures ,

• 19-11-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭

can anyone tell me how much it would cost to get two lower front teeth extracted and replaced with dentures.

just need basic dentures, with clips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Dianthus

Varies widely depending on the location& practice.
    Better to google your local practice websites for pricelists, and or phone the various surgeries to ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Hi there.

I will be receiving extensive dental treatment over a period of time in the near future.

Most of my top teeth will be extracted and replaced by dentures.

Some extractions will have to be surgical. Will I have a lot of swelling and as my job requires being on the phone and talking throughout the day, do you think I would be justified in requesting a 'sick cert' for a number of days after each visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Hi there.

I will be receiving extensive dental treatment over a period of time in the near future.

Most of my top teeth will be extracted and replaced by dentures.

Some extractions will have to be surgical. Will I have a lot of swelling and as my job requires being on the phone and talking throughout the day, do you think I would be justified in requesting a 'sick cert' for a number of days after each visit?

Certainly a few days off after the extractions, try get them done all at once or in close succession. A dentist can write you a letter but only a GP can certify you unfit for work in certain jobs.

Certainly a few days off after the extractions, try get them done all at once or in close succession. A dentist can write you a letter but only a GP can certify you unfit for work in certain jobs.

Thank you for the response.

Getting them done in close succession is not an option as I'm getting the work done in the Dental Hospital and there will be periods of time between each session.

I am a patient on the undergraduate programme. I am happy with my treatment so far and the undergrad Dentist working with me is very good.

But with holidays for summer etc, there will be a time lag between extractions (there is a lot of work to be done).

I'm thinking after each session, going to my GP and getting a Cert for a few days.

Another question. :)

The pan is to work on the top set first. One half at a time. After the first extractions on one side are done, including front, could I request a temporary denture for cosmetic reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I think treatment planning questions are best answered by the person doing the job.

I think treatment planning questions are best answered by the person doing the job.

True.

I did ask questions at the time and they were answered but then with time other questions arise.

I'm just nervous, but am determined to have the work done and have faith in the person assigned to me.

Advertisement