Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Touch from Amazon UK

Options
  • 19-11-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello,

If I order a kindle touch from Amazon.co.uk and have it delivered to UK, I want to be sure I won't have any issues when downloading books when using here. They aren't hard coded to be location specific in some way, are they??

Yours, paranoid...
    Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Would like to know the answer to this myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

I bought mine in the north and use it with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I bought one of ours in tescos in the UK and the other from Amazon UK and both are fine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hello,

If I order a kindle touch from Amazon.co.uk and have it delivered to UK, I want to be sure I won't have any issues when downloading books when using here. They aren't hard coded to be location specific in some way, are they??

Yours, paranoid...
    Shane

Here in Ireland you can only buy kindle books from Amazon.com unless you also have a UK address and credit card, but once a book is in your amazon account you can send it to any Kindle device associated with your account, no matter where either the book or kindle was bought originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I bought the young lad a Kindle Fire HD. Its being sent to a friend in the North.

Should I get him to download apps before he sends it down here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Cs2

I spoke to someone yesterday in carphone warehouse they mentioned there could be a issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BobbiB

I Just spoke to waterstones who normaly stock kindles and the lady told me that the Kindle fire never ended up being launched here in ireland due to problems with its contents and she didn't now if they would ever be able due to the issues. They have had no probs with any of the kindle readers other than stock issues. Has anyone gotten a fire from the UK and have it work fine here.

On the topic of buying bookes etc i queried it with amazon and they said when you register the device it will only allow you to buy from the device what contents are available to your country of residence. It will appear in dollars though as you buy through the international site rather than the UK site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

BobbiB wrote: »
    I Just spoke to waterstones who normaly stock kindles and the lady told me that the Kindle fire never ended up being launched here in ireland due to problems with its contents and she didn't now if they would ever be able due to the issues. They have had no probs with any of the kindle readers other than stock issues. Has anyone gotten a fire from the UK and have it work fine here.

On the topic of buying bookes etc i queried it with amazon and they said when you register the device it will only allow you to buy from the device what contents are available to your country of residence. It will appear in dollars though as you buy through the international site rather than the UK site

Thats seems ok then. If I use an account in the north I should be able to use the same card down here. So its not an IP issue then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Got mine from .com originally but changed settings to a uk address in order to buy from uk site. Used a relations address but any one would do as there are no manual deliveries involved.
    Some books on UK site are not available on American site.

Advertisement