Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian in Kilkenny

Options
  • 19-11-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Anyone able to recomend a good Indian in kilkenny?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

gazahayes wrote: »

Royal Spice on Patrick St. is superb. Cannot reccommend it highly enough. Take away or sit down, far better than any other India I've had in KK or Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

gazahayes wrote: »

Can he scalp Phil Hogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Discussed here a while back.

I go to Halal Store in Irishtown as im on that side of town. Never any problems with it. Just take-away though, no place to sit down.

Royal Spice is always high on people's lists alright

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

SPQRI wrote: »
    Can he scalp Phil Hogan?

How does this help the OP??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I usually go to Shimla.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Royal Spice is the best in town imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Shimla is the best in town imho, have tried Royal Spice loads of time but just think Shimla's food has more flavour and the Sunday menu is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Royal Spice is the bomb.

Having seen how Shimla store their vegetables I would never eat there again if you paid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

How do they store them?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Outdoors, in a box under an open vent, covered with one strip of cardboard. A friend of mine lived above the restaurant and showed me one day. I'd gone for meals there beforehand and enjoyed it, but never again. In their defence, apparently they have huge storage issues with that place. But at the same time, storing veg outdoors in a box is not good business.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Vindaloo, naan bread, can of coke and the football, ahhhhhh

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Yeah, Royal Spice is great. My god I want some Chicken Korma and rice. The only problem I have with indian is that its extremely expensive, but totally worth it for a special occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Halal in Irish town is only takeaway but is much cheaper. It is as good as any Indian abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Have to say the new one next door to Rocco's is pretty tasty! And probably the cheapest Indian in town. Very friendly staff too always giving away free stuff lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

I know one called Raj he lives up in Loughboy. He's a good Indian. His cousin Tom however is a very bad Indian. In fact I'm not even sure Tom is really an Indian.

Advertisement