Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload Speeds

Options
  • 19-11-2012 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I just want to know what upload speeds am I supposed to be getting and is there any chance eircom can improve my upload speeds.

Here's a screenshot of my eircom profile:

20j68up.png

As you can see, it says: "12287 kbps /670 kbps"

Now here is a screenshot of the packages on the eircom website:

209slea.png

As you can see, it says "768 kpbs."

Here is a screenshot of the upload speed converted to KB/s:

ie0c5w.png

As you can see, I'm not getting the maximum promised on my account. It's bad enough my download speed getting penalized by living too far from the exchange, so can you increase my upload speed to the highest possible setting to compensate? Go on, be as generous as you wish - I'm not going to have any complaints if you jack it up to 1000kbps!

Thank for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

no can do, the key words there are "up to", the 24mb profile will have the 768kb upload speed, your current 12mb profile has the 670kb attached to it, there would be no way to bring the upload speed up without bringing the download speed up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 GeorgeClooney

Right, so let me get this straight:

24mb down/ 768kb up

12mb down/ 670kb up

Now, what if I lived further away and I only got 8 mb or 6mb - would it have an even slower upload speed like this:

8mb down/ 540kb up

or

6 mb down/ 430kb up

I don't see why they can't just boost my upload speed. I remember reading some other forum post where he/she rang eircom and they get him great upload speed after he/she complained. I must look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

24/20mb would have 768kb attached to that speed profile, 15/12mb have 670kb attached to it, its the way they have the profiles set.

8mb has 512kb on it

it is not possible to have the upload speed individually changed, it has to change with the download speed.

allen175 wrote: »
    24/20mb would have 768kb attached to that speed profile, 15/12mb have 670kb attached to it, its the way they have the profiles set.

8mb has 512kb on it

it is not possible to have the upload speed individually changed, it has to change with the download speed.

Okay, I understand. If it wasn't for a river flowing between my house and the exchange, I would probably get faster speeds. My friend is about the same distance from the exchange but he can get 19 mb. Really annoying.

What if eircom set my profile to 24/20 even though my line isn't capable of those speeds? Wouldn't do any harm, would it?

Just a few speedtests on my line using wireless and the DSL cable.

DSL cable

2319055102.png

solq9c.png

Wireless

2319057943.png

35je9v6.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi GeorgeClooney

Can you please PM me your landline number so i can have a look into this for you? Also, We cannot raise the upload speed without increasing download but i will explore all options once i have your landline number.

Regards

Al

Hi GeorgeClooney

Can you please PM me your landline number so i can have a look into this for you? Also, We cannot raise the upload speed without increasing download but i will explore all options once i have your landline number.

Regards

Al

P.M. sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi GeorgeClooney

PM sent in response

Regards

Al

Hi, Alan.

Reply sent in P.M.

Advertisement