Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mediums

Options
  • 19-11-2012 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

oops this needs to be moved to psychics/mediums. i went to a medium a few times and i thought she was great - said names straight out of past relatives etc and and even said how some died. My sister tries to convince me its all a coincidence but i just cant understand how she could say all this stuff by coincidence. What do other people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    oops this needs to be moved to psychics/mediums. i went to a medium a few times and i thought she was great - said names straight out of past relatives etc and and even said how some died. My sister tries to convince me its all a coincidence but i just cant understand how she could say all this stuff by coincidence. What do other people think?
    Most people here believe in this kind of stuff. When viewed objectively, it falls apart. I advise you to look up cold reading. Confirmation bias too.

For example. Anyone can throw out a name. The key is that the receiver of the reading makes the connection and enthusiastically states "wow that's my....". And so on. The "psychic" works with that information there etc

There are many techniques that are employed, sometimes the psychic actually believes they are being truthful and have some kind of magical power.

The bottom line is, I would say, is educate yourself and be skeptical.

Advertisement