Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what jail

• 20-11-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me how i find out if someone has been released from prison, or weather they are still in prison. Cannot seem to find anything online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I can tell you...but it will cost you...carton of smokes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Can anyone tell me how i find out if someone has been released from prison, or weather they are still in prison. Cannot seem to find anything online.
    Call his mobile, they all usually have mobiles it's either under the mattress or in his pillow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

me boy anto will know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

www.con.or.not.ie can help. Or maybe not. No idea what the weather is like in Clink. Probably chilly with warm fronts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If he hasn't come after you after all these years that he's been sitting in the cell fantasising about getting out and getting you, then he's probably still in prison.

Or he's on his way over. I'd say he's on his way over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Whether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Not a bad idea.

I had my suspicions half the crowd in After Hours are in jail so kind of makes sense this.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Whether
    Rainy and cold at the mo.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

You could sneak into the prison to see if he's still there by concealing yourself in a very large bag of heroin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Have you tried ringing the prison and making an enquiry? That would be worth a go. Give a search for online articles with regard to sentencing and parole dates maybe. If your worried about something then contact the gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Why is your question not related to the thread title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ring up the prison and ask for a visit with a fake name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Gee Bag wrote: »
    You could sneak into the prison to see if he's still there by concealing yourself in a very large bag of heroin
    or the premier choice for the gadget fancying lag of today; the tennis ball,make it a giant one unless OP has extreme dwarfism.
    woud have to use an medieval style catapult to sling over the wall,screws leave tennis balls lying around everywhere for definite.

OP coud also try pushing the walls of the prison;get a constant motion going on it might knock them over if its anything like the set on cell block h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Ring up the prison and ask for a visit with a fake name

Say your name is McLovin, and you are 25 and from Hawaii.
    Work with the cops everytime, I promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

This wouldn't be a bad place to start:

Irish Prison Service

Telephone: +353 43 33 35100

Fax: +353 43 33 35371

E-mail: info@irishprisons.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

They will be sporting one of those delightful teardrop tattoos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Pottler wrote: »
    Rainy and cold at the mo.:)

No, that's weather

CianRyan wrote: »
    No, that's weather
    Thank's, I never would have knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

That's easy to find out..Ring whatever prison he/she was in and once the call is answered just ask can you pass on a message, They should tell you then if he/she has been released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Simple , you cant find out because legally its none of your business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Simple , you cant find out because legally its none of your business.

What makes you think that nosiness was the motivation behind the thread? A safety concern is more likely. No need for the hostility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

only the prisoner knows when he/she is getting out.

you can work out the offical date from his sentence but once you factor remission into it,it will be off.

even family members wont be told by the prison service,its up to the prisoner to tell people when he gets told what his sentence with remission is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Abi wrote: »
    What makes you think that nosiness was the motivation behind the thread? A safety concern is more likely. No need for the hostility.
    Firstly I wasnt hostile.
    Secondly I never mentioned nosiness.
    Thirdly my point was that law (I'm sure you have heard of the law) considers the place of detention and the release date of prisoners not to be the business of the general public. Many people would argue that it is a situation that needs changing, and that victims and their families should know when a person is being released. I am not necessarily supporting the current position, merely outlining it as it stands.
    Perhaps you might fully read posts in future before jumping to conclusions and making ill founded and ill tolerant judgements on the poster.

Advertisement