Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic --> TV compare/Contrast thread/speculation ** for comic readers only **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, I reckon episode 8 at the mid season finale will see them leave the prison and they will come on Abraham and the others then. Just reading 'The Rise of the Governor' is seems that a lot of the last episode was inspired by that, albeit in a very different timeline.

Yeah, like it was in reverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

I think season 4x08 will be the fall of the prison
    4x09 - 4x16 meeting with Abraham's group and the road to the Alexandra safe zone
    Season 4 ends at the gates of the ASZ
    Season 5 will be the ASZ before Jesus arrives at end of season issue 69-91

The show is running at a pace ratio of 1.35:1, issues : episodes
    22 issues of AFZ before Jesus and the wider world post issue 91 = 16 episodes exactly

22:16 = 1.35

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

So are the Wolves the Saviours?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Possible, but it would be a fairly poor introduction and they seem to have quite the different MO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

doubtful, I'd say the Wolves are another distraction like the hospital.

• Advertisement

If so then I suspect that the attack on Alex by the Wolves will be defeated by the Saviours, thus introducing them as the town's protectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Season 6 TV future sets spoiler
    The hilltop set is under construction.
    It looks like they are going to portray the "wider world" arc alright just with smaller camps scales than shown in comic ASZ is half its size in TV same here with hilltop
    I wondered how they going to do it given cost of portraying so many locations.
    note its a forested location as well to cut costs more.
    In the comics the "wider world" was set among-est the suburban sprawl of metropolitan DC ruins while here and TV ASZ are isolated sites in middle of forest like locations in Georgia

future set picture in link
    https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11752569_521449098010233_1271199895132585426_n.jpg?oh=77fac250653d05e48280aa3622bdefd9&oe=561B01E8

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

The wolves DC scavengers and that quarry herd is the equivalent of the herd that the battle with them brought to ASZ which puts us at issue 82 now.
    Jesus at issue 92
    Negan at issue 100

Which means season 6 is going to be up to about issue 100

Season 6a the wolves/herd attack fallout ends with intro of Jesus cliffhanger
    Season 6b the wider world arc the hilltop ends with intro of Negan cliffhanger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I wonder who will play Negan? Here's a few ideas, Ron Perlmann, Kevin Durand or my own wildcard choice...... wait for it........ Vinnie Jones!

Or they could go with Idris elba (allowing of course for a little bit of artistic licence on the ethnicity front)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

John Hamm was linked at the start of the year, looks the part IMO and has relationship with AMC after Mad Men. He said this to MTV about it:
    “Robert, call me. Come on,” said Hamm, referring to The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman,

“I’ve met Robert many times, he’s a lovely guy. I think he’s done wonders with that show and I know it’s very close to him, obviously. I’m always very nervous about anything about anybody’s saying ‘do this or do that’. That’s why I’m always in a hundred things all the time, because I always say yes. I don’t know, we’ll see. It would be fun, that’s for sure."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

on 1st thought it sounds crazy but Vinny Jones would be a proper interesting choice plays the cool calm collected unhinged psychopath well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

on 1st thought it sounds crazy but Vinny Jones would be a proper interesting choice plays the cool calm collected unhinged psychopath well

He really would. . Let's be honest, it is never going to be John Hamm and hopefully it isn't imo. Jones is a bit of a stereotype casting as a baddie that has his charms and he has the wit, personally, charm, deep dark voice but ultimately terrifying look about him to pull it off.

Durand would also pull it off well. Your man from Sons of Anarchy and Drive, Ron Perlmann, is just that little bit too old to pull it off .

How about Michael Madden from Reservoir Dogs. Although I recall he may have had a minor role in TWD video games before as a villain.

Next week's show may see the facial injury to Carl if the hoard reach Alex.

The teaser for next week looks like it's gonna be Rick & co fighting their way through the Horde back inside Alexandria, ep 4 is gonna be 90 minutes long - quite possible it'll happen then!

I really hope it happens at some stage anyway, defining moment for Carl and was the turning point for me in the comics and I actually started to like his character.

To you think Enid is gone now and will return in episodes that feature the Whisperers? Could be that after the Negan encounters Carl goes off to find her and stumbles across the Whisperers where Alpha has "adopted" Enid?

It would seem a little much if Carl had two separate encounters with two separate girls

I think she'll definitely be back, that's possible alright but I think the show is probably gonna draw out the All Out War arc for a pretty long time so maybe not as part of the Whisperers!

In this weeks ep when Carol first appeared in her wolves disguise, for a second I thought it was Jesus and squealed with delight.

I doubt Enid is going to end up as part of the Whisperers, if indeed we ever see that group in the show. the all out war arc will last at least the entire season 7 if not a bit longer, given that there will be so many more locations and characters to be introduced before any of that, plus you'd have to have at least a few episodes of 'society works again' with Negan locked up afterwards, so it'd be the second half of season 8 at least if we do indeed see the whisperers if the comics are anything to go by.

I do think we'll see Enid again, even if she has just been killed or turned, but before the end of this season I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

5starpool wrote: »
    I doubt Enid is going to end up as part of the Whisperers, if indeed we ever see that group in the show. the all out war arc will last at least the entire season 7 if not a bit longer, given that there will be so many more locations and characters to be introduced before any of that, plus you'd have to have at least a few episodes of 'society works again' with Negan locked up afterwards, so it'd be the second half of season 8 at least if we do indeed see the whisperers if the comics are anything to go by.

I do think we'll see Enid again, even if she has just been killed or turned, but before the end of this season I'd say.

Actress playing her said on talking dead she would be seen again this season...

sabhail wrote: »
    Actress playing her said on talking dead she would be seen again this season...

As I predicted then. I really should start watching the talking dead actually.

Maybe she'll be the one with her head smashed in and not Glenn

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Maybe she'll be the one with her head smashed in and not Glenn

I've been looking forward to that so much I'll be really disappointed if it's not Glenn (or Daryll!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

maximoose wrote: »
    I've been looking forward to that so much I'll be really disappointed if it's not Glenn (or Daryll!)

think it could be morgan now

I always wondered would they leave Rick with two hands - looks like next week's promo is hinting that something might happen

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I always wondered would they leave Rick with two hands - looks like next week's promo is hinting that something might happen

yep, right at the end of the second trailer it looks like there's something up with his left hand alright.

reckon it's just a nod to comic book readers, iirc the comic writers have said that they wish they never took his hand in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Sorry this has prob been asked a ton of times but where approximately do the comics line up with the beginning of season six?

Old Perry wrote: »
    Sorry this has prob been asked a ton of times but where approximately do the comics line up with the beginning of season six?

Issue #78 roughly is where show is now
    Comic is currently at issue #147

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Issue #78 roughly is where show is now
    Comic is currently at issue #147

Thanks for that. Im a sucker for readin up on spoilers on wiki or that so have decided to start reading the comics from alexandria onwards.

Thanks for that. Im a sucker for readin up on spoilers on wiki or that so have decided to start reading the comics from alexandria onwards.

Issue 69/70 is when they first arrive in ASZ which is season 5 episode 9 of show

The first half of the comics are much better than latter half. It only takes about 10/15 minutes to read an issue you could catch up better quick.

Read from the start. It'll help explain who some characters are. Also, some comic characters are dead in the show but alive in the comics, and vice versa.

• Advertisement

S6E3 Spoiler
    Does this mean no "Lucile Moment"?

Advertisement