Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic --> TV compare/Contrast thread/speculation ** for comic readers only **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I think the Wolves are just a plot device for the moment, if they are still around if and when the Saviors show up we will probably see Negan wiping them out in a show of force to the other community's to show he will protect them once they keep up the payments or something like that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

maximoose wrote: »
    I would love to see what you suggest there, but isn't it confirmed next week is Morgan's flashback episode?

I hadn't really looked at the previews. Since it is a 90 minute episode (well, 60 really when ads are removed), I hope it won't all be about Morgan's backstory.

5starpool wrote: »
    I hadn't really looked at the previews. Since it is a 90 minute episode (well, 60 really when ads are removed), I hope it won't all be about Morgan's backstory.

That would suck balls if it was.

I'm hoping they are just lulling us into thinking that and have a balls to the wall episode lined up.

Let's not forget in the comics this attack is where Carl loses his eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

On negan. It will bbe interesting to see how he's portrayed, i wonder how theyll go about it. He's awful vulgar with a hint of racism in the comics. I only started reading from alexandria onwards, have any of the others been like that? The govener?

Old Perry wrote: »
    On negan. It will bbe interesting to see how he's portrayed, i wonder how theyll go about it. He's awful vulgar with a hint of racism in the comics. I only started reading from alexandria onwards, have any of the others been like that? The govener?

Tbh other than what happens to Glenn, you have missed the best parts of the whole comic.

The governor was a Sadistic rapist and possibly a zombie pedo.

• Advertisement

OK, Rick at the gates saying "open the gates" at the end of that episode. It surely means that the herd is on his heels essentially. It's at this stage in the comics that Morgan dies, but that better not happen now given they just spent a long episode covering Morgan's backstory. To kill him before the mid season finale would be frustrating. I wonder will they have Deanna shoot Carl accidentally? I would think this will still happen, but it might be a mid season finale type incident, so in 3 episodes time.

Will Daryl/Abraham/Michonne/Heath/Sasha make it back to town before the herd or will they be the ones outside town trying to lure them away like Andrea/Glenn/Nicholas try in the comics?

I'm guessing this will take the next 3 episodes in the main, and early in the second half (ep 9 or 10) we'll see Jesus with Negan introduced at the end bashing in the head of someone (maybe Morgan/Abraham/Daryl might substitute for Glenn if he is dead). Abraham is due to die in the initial skirmishes with the Saviors anyhow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think we are going to see a lot of variation from the comics from this point onwards. They have obviously made a decision not to kill Morgan unless they have built up his character simply to hit home the futility of his philosophy. I can't see them leaving out the injury to Carl as it's such an important impact on his life going forward. It also hits home that bad things do happen to Rick's family as well. They have already ditched the death of Judith.

I'd say the character deaths we seen in the comics will be changed/omitted to make the tv show a little more stable in terms of cast and thus make any deaths a little more dramatic.

Some will be switched around, but if Glenn is already dead (and I'm sceptical) then I reckon Morgan at the end of the season will be his sub. Morgan won't die in the comic timeline, as that would be next week. I reckon Abraham will be for the chop though in episode 14 or so. He has hardly been integral, and is far more prominent in the comics than the show since his introduction. Will Michonne and Morgan hook up for a while? Perhaps, but I doubt it. There is no Andrea substitute (unless it is Michonne) that Rick can hook up with unless they keep Jessie around, and I hope they don't (unless they kill her annoying kids).

I think Carol is the Andrea substitute for everything bar the relationship with Rick

I don't think Andrea was ever that badass in the comics though, plus they had Sasha as the sniper, so mixing and matching a bit it seems. I'm glad they killed off Andrea in the show though for the simple reason that the actress was really irritating.

• Advertisement

Andrea is pretty badass in the comics to be fair. They never really did that character justice in the show

I started a re-read from the start of the Alexandria arc a while back and just reached episode 100 last night. Gruesome stuff indeed. I'm looking forward to how Negan is portrayed in the show given that there is no swearing in the zombie apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

5starpool wrote: »
    I started a re-read from the start of the Alexandria arc a while back and just reached episode 100 last night. Gruesome stuff indeed. I'm looking forward to how Negan is portrayed in the show given that there is no swearing in the zombie apocalypse.

I really felt they could have at least introduced a bit of swearing to the show when a) Hershel meets his maker and b) When they were locked in the container in Terminus.

Although did I hear the Eastman character say 'sh!t' this week? I thought I did, I remember thinking it wasn't a usual occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

shît and dick have become more frequent in the last 2 seasons! Can't remember any fûcks though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

shît and dick have become more frequent in the last 2 seasons! Can't remember any fûcks though...

American censorship is pretty warped, curse words and bewbs are explicit yet noah getting his face peeled back is all good.

Anyways heres a walking dead **** that was censered with 'messing' in the aired version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oORtfqsRIjw&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Even that one instance adds so much more to the scene , They really should be allowed , Game of Thrones practically has cu.nt in it every two mins and that's way worse

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Mr E wrote: »

He doesn't necessary have to be Negan, he could play the Jesus character?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

He doesn't necessary have to be Negan, he could play the Jesus character?

According to this that role is already cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-jesus-tom-payne-826720
    Luck alum Tom Payne has joined the cast of the zombie drama based on Robert Kirkman's comics, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Payne will join the series in a recurring role for season six — with an option for season seven — and play Paul Monroe, aka "Jesus."

Mr E wrote: »

I don't know the actor at all, from pictures he seems a little too.... friendly or something :pac:

Maybe he can pull it off though (if it's even happening)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Remember him from "Raising Hope" just have Rick lob Judith at him and Negan will have a mare.

Rumoured that Episode 8 will be "No Way Out" we know what that means!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't know the actor at all, from pictures he seems a little too.... friendly or something :pac:

Maybe he can pull it off though (if it's even happening)

Here is a clip of him in Burn Notice about 5 years ago, playing a nasty but charismatic bad guy called Simon Escher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Sorry to ask a probably stupid question.

I was watching Talking Dead after Ep04 and the presenter mentioned something related to Rick's cut hand that was something major in the Comics.

Was he referring to Rick losing a hand as I seen mentioned on a previous post here or is there something else related to zombie blood getting into an open wound? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

shineon23 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask a probably stupid question.

I was watching Talking Dead after Ep04 and the presenter mentioned something related to Rick's cut hand that was something major in the Comics.

Was he referring to Rick losing a hand as I seen mentioned on a previous post here or is there something else related to zombie blood getting into an open wound? :confused:
    He was referring to Rick losing his hand fairly early on in the comics (during the Governer series, I think). Nothing to do with Zombie blood.

The govener caught Rick and cut his hand off, he also raped and tortured Michonne repeatedly.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast as Negan

Actually pretty happy with this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast as Negan

Actually pretty happy with this!

it would have been a lot better if they didnt reveal he was going to turn up in the finale... just say they cast him.

Yeah agree, sadly I don't think that could ever work these days where it seems like everyone is running over each other to spoil everything in existence!

My OH hasn't read the comics, and had Carl's eye spoiled last week and now Glenn's lucille moment spoiled yesterday in two fairly innocuously titled articles with no spoiler warnings. :rolleyes:

I don't think we will have the head meets bat this season, but when we do it will be a cliffhanger.

I've figured it out, they will all be kneeling like in the comic scene, with Glenn and Daryl next to each other, Que Negan standing over them, raises bat, violent head bashing with blood spraying, not showing who the victim is. Rick screaming, fade to black.

• Advertisement

I don't think we will have the head meets bat this season, but when we do it will be a cliffhanger.

I've figured it out, they will all be kneeling like in the comic scene, with Glenn and Daryl next to each other, Que Negan standing over them, raises bat, violent head bashing with blood spraying, not showing who the victim is. Rick screaming, fade to black.

If it wasn't such an anticipated moment, almost "red wedding" like, then plausibly it could have ended the season mid swing, but that would never work now. I think it will end on that scene having just happened whereby we see Rick's anguished face as Glenn (or a sub) lies having had their head caved in. I think it has to happen in the finale unless they are rearranging things for TV. In the comics, the people there for it are Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne and Heath (I think).

Advertisement