Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dear Prof/Dr./Mr./Ms...

Options
  • 20-11-2012 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

(All names changed to accommodate less favourable messages.)

Dear Dr. A,

Thank you for all your help back in 2008/2009 - it never even occurred to me back then that I might make it through to final med!

Dear Dr. B,

It really meant a lot to hear that you'd be delighted to have an intern like me.

Dear Mr. A,

Thank you for taking me seriously from the very beginning. You made the boring part of med school infinitely more interesting! All your time is very much appreciated.

Dear Mr. B,

You may be well educated and you certainly think highly of yourself, but a clever person would know that it's not acceptable to talk so rudely to people because people have feelings.

Dear Professors A and B,

Thank you for giving places to some of the nicest people in the class. You have unknowingly made my time an awful lot nicer.

That's what I have for now. I'll be back with more. Please oh please contribute to my lovely new thread! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I like this idea :)

Dear Staff of dept A and head of dept Dr A.
    Thank you for keeping me sane during the recent upheaval in school. I've said it to you all in person, but I really can't say it often enough, at times you were the only people speaking sense to me, and making it obvious that what was happening wasn't my fault but just the fallout from some poor bureaucracy and bad timings. Mostly thank you for being the voice of reason, especially when it seemed really unreasonable. You'll never know just how much I really really appreciate it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

Dear Dr. A,

Thank you for caring so much about education. You've chosen to get involved with exams and behave like you like that choice, not ever acting like the students are a burden and that we should be made to pay for that. Your positive comments about my clinical mannerisms are very much appreciated and that little joke (seems the most appropriate even if not perfect word, but most certainly not in a nasty way) about being able to pretend to be an SHO in an Emergency Dept and get away with it is very much appreciated.

Also, thank you for having the appropriate ego to accept that I can only rotate through your speciality for 2 weeks and that life in medschool continues on after that and for being big enough to engage with that and ask questions, pass comments etc. about the experience of learning despite it not being even remotely connected to you.

In a time when some others can treat students so badly and act so aggrieved by activities that have been voluntarily committed to, it's nice to get someone sane involved.

Advertisement