Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S3 bluetooth auto pair.

• 20-11-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

I have a 2 part problem with my s3's bluetooth so I'm hoping someone can help (at least with the first part!)

If I turn on my bluetooth, it will scan but won't automatically connect to my handsfree kit. It can be annoying if I'm in and out of the car, it means I have to pair it each time. There doesn't seem to be any settings within the bluetooth section that I can change...any ideas?

The second problem is to to with NFC activated bluetooth...if I use an NFC tag to turn it on it doesn't scan at all. The bluetooth icon is there, but I have to manually scan which defeats the purpose.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I tried a different NFC tag writer just to see if this would make a difference....it didn't. Anybody got a similar problem or an idea of what to try next?

edit - it appears I'm not the only one and someone has kindly written an app to solve the problem :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5teWtsb3MuYnRhdXRvY29ubmVjdCJd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Same here. I sort of learned to deal with it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Is this only since the Jellybean update?

Mine was connecting fine to the car on ICS but since the JB update its all over the place.

Only works the very odd time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Iis the phone paired with the handsfree? Or it's just connected, so the phone doesn't treat it as a "trusted" device?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

No it was like this on ICS as well. It possibly works better on more upmarket handsfree kits....

Yep, the phone is definitely paired with it. Anyway, I installed the app I linked to and that seems to be working well so far!

• Advertisement
Advertisement