Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Becks leaving LA Galaxy

• 20-11-2012 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

after MLS cup final! Where will Becks finish off his illustrious career?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Australia, put your money on it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Barnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

St Pats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Any team would be lucky to have him! Australia is a good shout! But I think he wants to finish his career in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

all down to where ever posh wants to move 2 next for her social life!!

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Any team would be lucky to have him! Australia is a good shout! But I think he wants to finish his career in England.

It's more than a good shout, it's based on some knowledge too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He's not got much left in the tank now. Can't see him in the EPL or any other top European league. Australia would be my guess.

Which team?

• Advertisement

Which team?

Melbourne Heart are favourites but Perth Glory were the first to put in an offer the other day. Can't see him coming out west though, too small a market.

The agent who brought Del Piero here is the same person looking to get this off the ground. A new tv deal was agreed yesterday so there's a lot of extra money floating about for next year, plus businessmen would bankroll most of it like they have Heskey and Del Piero.

He says he wants one last challenge and I think it'll be here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Are you staying over there for much longer yourself Xavi?

Blatter wrote: »
    Are you staying over there for much longer yourself Xavi?

Probably long term yeah, six months turned into six years pretty quick and there's no reason really to head back the way things are.

It's quite alright out here! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Probably long term yeah, six months turned into six years pretty quick and there's no reason really to head back the way things are.

It's quite alright out here! ;)

Ah right, was just wondering cause I thought I remember you saying a while back that you'd be coming home around this time.

Might end up out there myself at some point, preferably wherever Becks ends up! :p

Blatter wrote: »
    Ah right, was just wondering cause I thought I remember you saying a while back that you'd be coming home around this time.

Might end up out there myself at some point, preferably wherever Becks ends up! :p

I'm back for six weeks over Christmas but it's just a holiday.

Definitely worth taking a trip out, and the football is surprisingly decent these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Hopefully he goes to Melbourne Heart. The chairman of our soccer club here in Melb plays for the Heart too.

Our neighbours moved out of their apartment the other day too so the Beckhams can move in there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I heard this a few days ago, surprised it has only been posted now. I also heard Australia but I wouldn't rule out China either. I'd guess that Australia would be more attractive but you never know, money talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I heard this a few days ago, surprised it has only been posted now. I also heard Australia but I wouldn't rule out China either. I'd guess that Australia would be more attractive but you never know, money talks.

Not in the Beckham household, if she wants Oz, she's gonna get Oz

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not in the Beckham household, if she wants Oz, she's gonna get Oz

I wouldn't have thought either country would be high on her list of preferences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm pretty sure I heard something about him coming to a team in Oz, can't recall who though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

QPR might be the only EPL team dumb enough to go for Beckham, London would suit their lifestyle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd take him back at Utd, can't do any worse than Valencia lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I know a league one team that needs a player/manager/owner.

Easily commutable from Lahden town as well.

If only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Coming back to United, nailed on. Fergie reckons himself, Giggs and Scholes will be a great group in midfield again. Experience like theirs.... you just can't beat it.

Reckon Carrick in the midfield with them just so he gets all the blame if, unlikely as it would be, it doesn't work too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

batistuta9 wrote: »
    PSG

They wanted him a year or so ago. i'm not sure they still do. Certainly wouldn't make sense from a football point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Didn't realise he was 37, I am getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Back to AC Milan/Preston North End. The wife will have the final say :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Melbourne Heart are favourites but Perth Glory were the first to put in an offer the other day. Can't see him coming out west though, too small a market.

The agent who brought Del Piero here is the same person looking to get this off the ground. A new tv deal was agreed yesterday so there's a lot of extra money floating about for next year, plus businessmen would bankroll most of it like they have Heskey and Del Piero.

He says he wants one last challenge and I think it'll be here.

What the hell are Heskey and Del Piero doing in the same sentence? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Coming back to United, nailed on. Fergie reckons himself, Giggs and Scholes will be a great group in midfield again. Experience like theirs.... you just can't beat it.

Damn right, you never win anything with kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

keith16 wrote: »
    What the hell are Heskey and Del Piero doing in the same sentence? :pac:

Beat me to it. Juxtaposition fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Thought it was a bit odd alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

QPR as player-manager. Just to complete the circus.

Yes, I know this is wishful thinking. But I think we should all lean on Tony F via twitter to make it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Has he any ambitions of going into management?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Everybody knows he is on way to OZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Could Sydney FC sign him? Fairly sure each team is only allowed one marquee player, and I doubt the newer Sydney West team could afford him (salary caps, marquee players, I know it was intended to lessen monopolies on trophies but it is a fcuking atrocious rule)

If it is up to the missus, tbh I would imagine Perth is too much of a backwater town and Melbourne weather can be as bad as Manchester for much of the year.

• Advertisement

Could Sydney FC sign him? Fairly sure each team is only allowed one marquee player, and I doubt the newer Sydney West team could afford him (salary caps, marquee players, I know it was intended to lessen monopolies on trophies but it is a fcuking atrocious rule)

If it is up to the missus, tbh I would imagine Perth is too much of a backwater town and Melbourne weather can be as bad as Manchester for much of the year.

Sydney already have a certain Italian so it wouldn't be a good look to upstage him ;)

Western Sydney are being funded by the FFA so have already gotten handouts to get them off the ground. However they also have a marquee in Shinji Ono.

The only option open to either of them is to have him as a "guest" player which means he can just sign a ten game deal. Given he can't actually play until January 14 that could work.

Neither Perth or Heart have used their foreign marquee spots which is why they're favourites. And they've also tabled offers apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I take it this statement was made purely on the basis of merchandising???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

greendom wrote: »
    They wanted him a year or so ago. i'm not sure they still do. Certainly wouldn't make sense from a football point of view.

What do I know...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20411202

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'd leave too if i had to put up with this chap every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Robbie is sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Robbie is sound.

I can picture him going into the LA Galaxy dressing room trying to sell pirate DVDs and wrapping paper.

Pipo Inzaghi celebrates with goals like that and he's loved for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

guttenberg wrote: »
    Has he any ambitions of going into management?

Keep an eye out on http://www.victoriabeckham.com/

Id say this website will have the news before David even knows himself . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Rumour has it going to Birmingham City:cool: player manager when new owners take over. Taps nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Zero chance of him returning to England.
    His "people" issued a statement a few days ago denying he was leaving for Australia and that was before he announced he was leaving LA so Oz is a shoe in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Redknapp wanted to sign him at spurs on loan last year so if Mark Hughes is sacked and Redknapp is brought in it wouldn't be that crazy to think that he might try and sign him for QPR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

He has a huge fanbase over in Asia why dont he play in Japan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

after MLS cup final! Where will Becks finish off his illustrious career?

Wherever his wife thinks they can make the most money .

Wherever his wife thinks they can make the most money .

I doubt they need the money. If anything, it'll be wherever she wants to live most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I doubt they need the money. If anything, it'll be wherever she wants to live most.

True to a point but they need the publicity and attention.
    It's their goal to colonise the whole world with Brand Beckham .;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement