Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

These geography rounds need to be shelved at this stage tbh. It's not even a challenge anymore. I have very limited earned knowledge about the continent of Africa but even I have would have aced that round due to watching the show.

What's worse is that the contestants pretend that they're digging to the far reaches of their brain to come up with these answers when in all honesty they've probably just learned them on the way down on the train cos there was a god chance they'd come up.

A couple of weeks ago they gave clues about countries in europe and it proved much trickier for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Yeah liked them. I had 2 pointless answers in the game Seychelles and Steve McQueen and tennessee in final. Personal record for me, where's my parade?

Had Steve McQueen as well. Probably the smugest I've ever felt calling out an answer to this show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Footoo wrote: »
    These geography rounds need to be shelved at this stage tbh. It's not even a challenge anymore. I have very limited earned knowledge about the continent of Africa but even I have would have aced that round due to watching the show.

What's worse is that the contestants pretend that they're digging to the far reaches of their brain to come up with these answers when in all honesty they've probably just learned them on the way down on the train cos there was a god chance they'd come up.

A couple of weeks ago they gave clues about countries in europe and it proved much trickier for people.

I still like them, once in a while. It shows up the people who don't bother doing any preparation, and it gives a decent chance for pointless answers.

Having said that, the one today was a bit too easy, too many correct answers (What was he doing answering Goa? - wrong on every level)

Still, a nice bit of trivia about Equitorial Guinea not being on the equator!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Your wan who went out in the second round was one of the sorest losers I've ever seen. Ok the fella's Goa answer was actually the worst I've ever seen but the way she responded was simply childish. One word, "Botswana", in such an uninterested manner. Xander and Rich just moved on swiftly too. Back tomorrow and I'll be interested to see how they get on.

I still really enjoy those geography ones. I had full knowledge of Djibouti ever before pointless. We had to do a project for 4th year french back in the day on a french speaking country, naturally we picked the sounding place :D Sao Tome et Principe too. Also had Steve McQueen, and like Footoo I felt so smug as I'd generally know nothing about arts and whatnot.

Great show would have aced into the final and picked football leagues and triumphed :pac: I had Georgia too though, pure guess though. I agree they were fantastic, would have given the pair that won the last show before 500 a few ago, a run for their money

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Got Ford, I think he might have been pointless before, definitely a low scorer.

Very deserved winners even if it was jammy.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I love it when Richard says 'iya... and alexander says thanks indeed richard. My whole day is thrown off if they don't say both at least once in an episode :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Footoo wrote: »
    Had Steve McQueen as well. Probably the smugest I've ever felt calling out an answer to this show :)

Was wrecking my head when trying to think of his name, knew who he was but the name totally escaped me.

The partner of the guy who gave an Indian province as his answer seemed absolutley furious with him, can't really blame her either.

Absolutely delighted that Karen lost, not much better today. Although these 2 aren't much better.

Love that Richard just dressed down Lou by explaining that the category could be easier than they think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Karen was a pretty unlikeable contestant, same with Lou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Karen was a pretty unlikeable contestant, same with Lou.

Disappointed she won, at least it was only a grand.

• Advertisement

Balls. Really wish Lou didn't win. The two chaps on both teams were grand but moaning about the questions is ridiculous, everybody has the same questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

Did I hear Alexander suggest Magnesium as an answer for the last round ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i love that richard went for the patronise paytronise joke the other day

I would have got a Pointless answer with this one.

Surprised no-one remembered it. It's no Dr Jones, but it was a big hit back in the day :)

That has to be the worst answer ever

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ahahahaha what a thicko

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    That has to be the worst answer ever

Xander's reaction was priceless too.

This team is going out in style

larry-hagman.jpg

Cienciano wrote: »
    spencer perceval is my bog standard englishpolitics answer. Always gets a low score.

So, what would you study if you were going on?
    A map of the world with capital cities, the periodic table, tennis grand slam finals, golf major winners, american presidents. Anything else?

Good call!

• Advertisement

I had a Xander break down just like his seconds before :pac:

That is the greatest answer I have ever seen. Will live long in the Pointless memories :D ......JR *Mr.Prodston excuses himself while breaking down with laughter again*

A great show. I had Anchorman and had a good showing with football leagues too. Hon Vitessse Arenhem!

Also on a sad note does it look like there'll be a 2 week break for Wimbledon now? I love Wimbledon too but still :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Great answer there from Gemma!! Made funnier still by the thought for a split second when she said "J" that she was getting it right, then the realisation of her major error. I thought at first it was just a slip of the tongue until I realised the Dallas connection between the two.

I had a Xander break down just like his seconds before :pac:

That is the greatest answer I have ever seen. Will live long in the Pointless memories :D ......JR *Mr.Prodston excuses himself while breaking down with laughter again*

A great show. I had Anchorman and had a good showing with football leagues too. Hon Vitessse Arenhem!

Also on a sad note does it look like there'll be a 2 week break for Wimbledon now? I love Wimbledon too but still :(

Yes, no Pointless for two weeks :(

If anyone has Challenge, they will have lots of episodes to keep you going

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/pointless/6426041/schedule#28-Jun-2013

All the BBC can offer is Pointless Celebrities Saturdays

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/pointless-celebrities/7181695/schedule#22-Jun-2013

I'll gladly offer to console Gemma in her hour of need, just saying ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

And here, for those who hadn't seen it and for those who want to watch on repeat, is ... Gemma:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

JR. Hahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

If it wasn't for Gemma, Tom's subsequent answer of Joan of Arc being stabbed in the bath may have been a contender...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I reckon I'll still be laughing at this when it comes back in two weeks time :D

JR :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I did laugh at Richards few referrals to it as the show went on. Lincoln shot on Dynasty I think was one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement