Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just started watching some episodes of this on Youtube... Hadn't heard of it before... Great show...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Just started watching some episodes of this on Youtube... Hadn't heard of it before... Great show...
    Welcome aboard but unfortunately we have two weeks without them now for Wimbledon!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,523 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Pfft!

Wimbledon?

WIMBLEDON?!

*kicks the cat*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Pfft!

Wimbledon?

WIMBLEDON?!

*kicks the cat*

We gave 100 people 100 seconds to say how much they cared about the British no.7 wildcard, who made an encouraging start on Court 14 before going down in three sets ...

http://i.imgur.com/t8IHP.gif

** NSFW. Link contains very bad language which you would never ever see on Pointless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

That ain't bread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

lertsnim wrote: »
    I did laugh at Richard's few referrals to it as the show went on. Lincoln shot on Dynasty I think was one of them.

Yeah, the subsequent Famous Sisters picture round had a picture of Joan and Jackie Collins, leading Richard to remark something along the lines of: "Joan Collins, of course, famous for being in Dynasty where she shot Franklin Delano Roosevelt". :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That's not bread...That ain't bread....

That's toast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

If anyone has Challenge, they will have lots of episodes to keep you going

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/pointless/6426041/schedule#28-Jun-2013

Challenge are currently showing Series 2 which differs from later series in that the Head to Head round is the best-of-5.

Two weeks ago they were showing Series 5 from 2011 and last week they showed the first set of Celebrity Pointless also from 2011.
    They mustn't have permission to show later series.

I assume most folk here have seen the very first episode (Series One) but if not you should give it a go.

Have to get my quiz fix from 'The Chase' in the meantime...anyone else notice how much easier the chaser's questions are in the final chase, compared to the contestants?

• Advertisement

Have to get my quiz fix from 'The Chase' in the meantime...anyone else notice how much easier the chaser's questions are in the final chase, compared to the contestants?

I never really noticed that, to be honest.

It's a good show, and it's notable how both shows are getting huge ratings despite being scheduled against each other. It just shows there is an audience for good quizzes (RTE and TV3, please take note).

The only thing that annoys me is people who haven't a clue who keep guessing the correct answer in the multiple choice round. There is a bit too much luck involved when there is only three possible answers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

brian_t wrote: »
    I assume most folk here have seen the very first episode (Series One) but if not you should give it a go.

I hadn't actually. Thanks for posting and really interesting to watch. Funny how little it has changed in some respects - some of the same phrases that have been stock since the beginning. And yet, so much has changed too - hard to believe they ever fit five rounds in to the timeslot.

I'm just a little bit in love with Richard Osman.... :o
    Living in the UK atm and half had plans to apply for the show with a friend. Never got around to it though.

Living in the UK atm and half had plans to apply for the show with a friend. Never got around to it though.
    Amazing ratings for #Pointless this week, thank you all so much! There are 80 new episodes still to come, and filming 180 more in Autumn.

Richard Osman - 12 June

Blasphemy :eek:

I've never actually seen it though. I'm kept entertained enough with the Golf and Wimbledon (with the knowledge that I'll have my baby back soon enough).

I see Xander is doing a Celebrity 'Stars in their Eyes' style show tomorrow on ITV, which cheekily overlaps with Pointless Celebrities on BBC1

Your Face Sounds Familiar
    ITV 7.30pm
    Season 1 Episode 1 of 6

New series. Alesha Dixon and Paddy McGuinness host a live entertainment show in which six celebrities - Alexander Armstrong, Bobby Davro, Cheryl Fergison, Denise Lewis, Matt Johnson and Natalie Anderson - transform into different music icons each week and perform to impress a panel of judges including Emma Bunton and Julian Clary, as well as viewers at home. The contestants are ranked on a leaderboard and whoever has the most points at the end of each show will receive money for charity, with a further grand prize pot for the series champion. However, the decision of which superstars they are going to be each week isn't down to them - these are randomly selected, meaning they could end up as someone of the opposite sex. With guest judge Donny Osmond
    Read more at http://www.tvnow.ie/detail.asp?id=2134944#YwBEpfrif11rR4mG.99

With Wimbledon over Pointless is back. Did you know that prior to yesterday the last British male winner of the singles championships was in 1936 and he went by the name of Fred Perry?

Of course you did, it's been rammed down our throats for the last two weeks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It's this a repeat? Didn't think contestants introduced themselves anymore.

Repeat :mad:

2 weeks for this makes Mr.Prodston angry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

2 year old repeat too. Dire planning by the BBC

Horrible finalists too

• Advertisement

Repeat :mad:

2 weeks for this makes Mr.Prodston angry!

But still...Jimmy Nail in 'Resevoir Dogs' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

thought I was watching "Dave"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Still, repeat Pointless is better than no Pointless.

With Wimbledon over Pointless is back. Did you know that prior to yesterday the last British male winner of the singles championships was in 1936 and he went by the name of Fred Perry?

Of course you did, it's been rammed down our throats for the last two weeks :pac:

Ah, good old Fred. He later got pissed off with Wimbledon, moved to Hollywood, dated a string of Movie Stars, joined the US Air Force, renounced his British Citizenship and became an American. So not really as British as they would have you believe!

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130706/tennis-fred-perry-wimbledon-outsider-hollywood-star

Very strange to return with another repeat, today's edition had been billed as Episode 1 of Series 5, so God only Knows what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

2 year old repeat too. Dire planning by the BBC

Horrible finalists too

I thought the guys who won were ok. Didn't like the other 2 in the head to head. Great head to head though. "I didn't know it was a pronunciation competition"! Fúck off, glad they lost after that!

They are resuming series 5 which they were repeating back in April and early May.

According to DigiGuide they have repeats for the next three weeks.

According to the BBC website they have repeats up to and including next Monday when they will be showing ep.43 of series 5.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017cr80

In relation to the Pointless celebrities repeats back on June 22 Richard tweeted
    A really lovely all-female #pointlesscelebrities on BBC1 at 6.20. Repeat though. When are they going to show the new ones? We've done loads

Earlier today he tweeted
    We're filming 2 more '8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown' today. It is always a joy from start to finish.

Bad news lads John Ryan who is the series producer of Pointless is also on twitter and today he posted
    @BBCOne sadly repeats are going out until early September

https://twitter.com/johnericryan

Bad news lads John Ryan who is the series producer of Pointless is also on twitter and today he posted

Dear God Noooooooo! :eek:

I'll react more purposefully tomorrow but the hell are they doing that for? They've got what like 200 episodes in the can give or take :(

What an error!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

FFS. I am fed up of repeats. I'll watch again in September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

:eek::eek:
    What? Why??
    Ah, here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement