Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Repeatedly shouting "The Long Good Friday" at the screen.

May come in handy for Bob Hoskins and Pierce Brosnan films as well, especially Pierce Brosnan.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Do we know when these repeats originally aired? Because I was away travelling in Asia during Feb and March so missed Pointless naturally :pac: I presume they're much older than then though as I vaguely remembered Monday's one but have missed it the last 2 days with the sun and being too distraught!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

chaz and dave questions, just not fair to the young uns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Do we know when these repeats originally aired? Because I was away travelling in Asia during Feb and March so missed Pointless naturally :pac: I presume they're much older than then though as I vaguely remembered Monday's one but have missed it the last 2 days with the sun and being too distraught!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

Todays episode first aired on Tue 10 Jan 2012.

brian_t wrote: »
    Todays episode first aired on Tue 10 Jan 2012.

Cheers, you're very good for all this sort of stuff I must say :)

So in a month's time I'll have "new" pointless episodes in theory :pac:

I'm an idiot 2012 was last year :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

"I was talking to Barry about The Wire earlier, he's never seen it, but he thought season 3 was much better than season 2" :D

Richard is a legend!

Was hoping Claire would win today cos she was hot :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah. The first round are ones where you pick your own answer rather than the ones where they give you 7 answers and you pick one.

Central African Republic....I said it...just sayin' :cool:

:pac:

Went to town on the Chelsea manager question too!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Google just landed me on this unusual site. It has the full subtitles text of lots of Pointless episodes (and other TV shows)

http://tvguide.lastown.com/bbc/preview/pointless-series-5/episode-50.html

I'm not sure what to make of it. It would be handy if you ever wanted to recreate a Pointless Episode, with you and a friend being Xander and Richard :)
    Maybe you could use the search function to find some vintage Central African Republic answers!

Central African Republic....I said it...just sayin' :cool:

Went to town on the Chelsea manager question too!

Couldn't believe CAR was a pointless there!

Nice dig in at Barrys team again in the keira knightley round from xander. "Up next is Barry, who's never been to the cinema"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Alexander's (and Richard's) pronunciation of Meath is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Twins were cocky little feckers, deserved to win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,523 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

It's a great day to be Rob Curling!

I guessed five Pointless answers in the final, and I'm not even a Blur fan. Yay for me!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

That pair were fairly mighty. Was sorry they didn't win the jackpot.

Richard has responded to the repeats on twitter
    New Pointless will be on when the BBC schedulers decide. There are still 80 new ones to be shown, plus 10 new PointlessCelebrities
    The thing is, we only record about 200 episodes a year, so the BBC have to choose 12 weeks to show repeats. 40 weeks of new ones though!

The thing is, we only record about 200 episodes a year, so the BBC have to choose 12 weeks to show repeats. 40 weeks of new ones though!.

I love the way Richard assumes that Pointless should be a permanent fixture on BBC all year round.

(and he's forgotten about Wimbledon already) :eek:

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »
    I love the way Richard assumes that Pointless should be a permanent fixture on BBC all year round.

We all do :D

Brand new #pointlesscelebrities starting on August 17th! Whoop whoop!

Richard

https://twitter.com/richardosman/status/363218324198793216
    One of the highest rating weeks in the history of #Pointless. That should persuade the BBC to stop showing repeats. No, wait, hold on...

Urrghh ... good to see Pointless getting high ratings, but that is just silly.
    I bet people are watching with their friends pretending to be clever, knowing lots of pointless answers. Roll on August 17th.

Skid X wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/richardosman/status/363218324198793216

Urrghh ... good to see Pointless getting high ratings, but that is just silly.
    I bet people are watching with their friends pretending to be clever, knowing lots of pointless answers. Roll on August 17th.

Still don't know any Sebastian Faulks novels though!!

Ah the Sebastian Faulks round, the day I realised just how much I loved and enjoyed Richard and Xander's banter :D It is probably my favourite Pointless moment, certainly one of them anyway :)

"Look what you did"

Still don't know any Sebastian Faulks novels though!!
    Ah the Sebastian Faulks round, the day I realised just how much I loved and enjoyed Richard and Xander's banter :D It is probably my favourite Pointless moment, certainly one of them anyway :)

"Look what you did"

Classic! Sebastian Faulks should name his next two novels 'A day at the seaside' and 'Murder', just for the craic.

On second thoughts, that would take a lot of work, maybe he could do an anthology of short stories, featuring 'A day at the seaside', 'Murder' and some other stories loosely based on Richard, Xander and the contestants who were oblivious to his previous works.

I would buy that!

No surprise really that ratings for 'Pointless' are high, considering ITV's dire rival gameshow 'Take On The Twisters'.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Classic! Sebastian Faulks should name his next two novels 'A day at the seaside' and 'Murder', just for the craic.

On second thoughts, that would take a lot of work, maybe he could do an anthology of short stories, featuring 'A day at the seaside', 'Murder' and some other stories loosely based on Richard, Xander and the contestants who were oblivious to his previous works.

I would buy that!
    Sebastian probably thinks that it is 'pointless' writing any novels at all.:D

• Advertisement

Classic Sebastian Faulks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement