Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

brian_t wrote: »
    Pointless Celebrities - Sat 17 August at 5.45pm

Special sitcom edition with Mrs Brown

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b039016x

Oh god. Please don't let them be in character.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,523 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Pointless Celebrities - Sat 17 August at 5.45pm

Special sitcom edition with Mrs Brown

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b039016x[/QUOTE]

RbAUm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

With Go Harvey Go stateside, I got da thinking...what if BBC America starting showing 'Pointless'?

I imagine US audiences will like Xander and Richard's high-class English banter.

Sounds like a good plan to me. You would think it would appeal to plenty of ex pats, game show fans and Richard Osman obsessives. It might also lead to a Pointless USA remake (to add to the German, Swiss, Croatian and French versions)

However, BBC America is an odd beast - most of their daytime schedule at the moment is nothing but Top Gear, Gordon Ramsay and (bizarrely) Star Trek.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/schedule/

Still, they appear to be showing Spinal Tap twice in a row tonight, can't argue with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Su Pollard was in a soap? A really pointless soap star, probably Reg Holdsworth's sister!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

K-9 wrote: »
    Su Pollard was in a soap? A really pointless soap star, probably Reg Holdsworth's sister!

She was in Hi-de-Hi - which I suppose was a soap!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

With Go Harvey Go stateside, I got da thinking...what if BBC America starting showing 'Pointless'?

I imagine US audiences will like Xander and Richard's high-class English banter.
    Skid X wrote: »
    It might also lead to a Pointless USA remake (to add to the German, Swiss, Croatian and French versions)

Just one day after I speculated that there should be a Pointless USA remake, a blog appears on BBCAmerica.com suggesting the same thing :D
    Probably the most universally-loved quiz show on British television at the moment, BBC One’s Pointless boasts the killer combination of a great format executed brilliantly.

Although he does also suggest that Tipping Point should be exported, which is a terrible idea.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/08/five-british-game-shows-the-u-s-should-remake/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tipping Point should be brought to the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I miss The Crystal Maze...granted I was only 5/6 when it finished but I have fond if slightly vague memories of it from my childhood :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yay, it's baaaaack!

(Though I actually haven't minded the repeats so much as I have forgotten most of them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Phew...O'Carroll not in character!

And just how short is Jean Boht?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

I've noticed that on DigiGuide listings for the week starting Monday 2nd September - they are no longer referring to Pointless episodes as repeats.

I've noticed that on DigiGuide listings for the week starting Monday 2nd September - they are no longer referring to Pointless episodes as repeats.

Nice one brian_t,

that would be in line with what the Producer said on twitter a while back, that we would get new episodes in "early September"

I'm getting impatient waiting for some new, non-celebrity episodes. The last fresh ones were before Wimbledon.

Nothing against my fellow Welshies, but how did those two make it to the head-to-head?!

Nothing against my fellow Welshies, but how did those two make it to the head-to-head?!

Leave poor Leanne alone, she made the fact it was a repeat more appealing :pac:

Leave poor Leanne alone, she made the fact it was a repeat more appealing :pac:

Generally gutted though they didn't say 'Casanova'...so close :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Couple of days behind. But the waterfall picture round was good. "the scary falls" :pac:

I thought Sue Pollard was on last week?

HIYO!

This has been confirmed by Richard on Twitter.
    Brand-new #Pointless starts on Monday. I'm well excited and all this.

This coming Saturdays Celebrity edition is a 'Chefs' celebrity special.

Featuring
    Rustie Lee and Antony Worrall Thompson,
    Theo Randall and Rachel Allen,
    Jean Christophe Novelli and Paul Rankin
    and Aaron Craze and John Whaite.

• Advertisement

I've heard that "Null gewinnt" the German version of Pointless has been cancelled.

My lack of German prevents me getting a link to this but it does get a mention on this German page - Flop Parade-2012/13

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone else think Petra Kvitova

Petra%20Kvitova1.jpg

was actually Mary Pearce?

Mary%20Pierce.jpg

From Tuesdays show I think

100 points for a correct answer!!

I guessed 'I Am The Cheese', although I suspect that 1 person did too!

Ed Byrne talks to Richard Herring about both of his Pointless appearances here (at 11 mins 20 secs in, the Pointless chat lasts for about 6 minutes).

http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richard_herring_edinburgh/2013_22_ed_byrne_bridget_christie/http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richard_herring_edinburgh/2013_22_ed_byrne_bridget_christie/

Dubious celebrities, being let down by your Pointless Partner, not winning a Pointless Trophy, Pointless Preparation and the Central African Republic all get a mention!

New episode today. The long wait is nearly over :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

New episode today. The long wait is nearly over :D

Really? A pleasant surprise... a good day to be out of work early:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement