Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,523 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

simpsons-dancing-1-o.gif

Eep...Rolf Harris Down Under :eek: :eek: :eek:

Richard has just met his younger self in Tom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I had a Pointless there, the one I mentioned in this post ....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84360711&postcount=85

It's a very contrived gag, I will take any excuse to give it another airing (Sorry! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sarah and Cath could belong to this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86372258#post86372258

Fierce unlucky final round.
    Picked The Van but chose the wrong director
    Still though, I'm counting me choosing it as a pointless answer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

:eek:

I took a serious dislike to them for some reason. Talk to me about Sian from yesterday all you want though :pac:

Was shocked that
    Kingdom of Heaven
    was pointless, first answer that popped into my head. I'll be honest Ridley was the only one of the 3 I had consciously heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I like this show too. It must be the quiz show with the lowest amount of questions anywhere in the world. Six or maybe seven questions per show.
    Richard is very funny, saw him on some panel show as well and he was very good. Sometimes Alexander seems a little bit lost for words but I still like him as a presenter. Love his ads too for the insurance co. (can't remember which one it is).

This show is the new Countdown, even though Countdown is still going. All Pointless needs is a beauty like Rachel Reilly and it would be perfect.

I like this show too. It must be the quiz show with the lowest amount of questions anywhere in the world. Six or maybe seven questions per show.
    Richard is very funny, saw him on some panel show as well and he was very good. Sometimes Alexander seems a little bit lost for words but I still like him as a presenter. Love his ads too for the insurance co. (can't remember which one it is).

This show is the new Countdown, even though Countdown is still going. All Pointless needs is a beauty like Rachel Reilly and it would be perfect.

You mean to tell me that this man isn't a beauty? :eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcsTEsV7hBi3Nnm0ffAD_zBJrLG_ImEPhATpAIaSSnD-HMtWJy8g

:pac:

Having said that I'm all for Rachel Riley being on pointless in some kind of capacity :D

You mean to tell me that this man isn't a beauty? :eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcsTEsV7hBi3Nnm0ffAD_zBJrLG_ImEPhATpAIaSSnD-HMtWJy8g

:pac:

Having said that I'm all for Rachel Riley being on pointless in some kind of capacity :D

I think Richard and Rachel look good together :P If the Producers need a reason, I'm sure she could go on Pointless and talk about statistics and standard deviations in the survey results. it would be an education for us all.

Siomedig...that's Welsh for 'gutted' :(

• Advertisement

A much better show compared to the horror of the last few days. Would have easily got past round 1. Had plenty pointless answers for 2 lets go with
    Wawrinka

I knew all the Michaels, had
    Prestwick
    and for the final I was surprised that my only Pointless answer was
    Bones
    . I was full sure The Killers had plenty more pointless songs that I knew :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Got all three Pointless Killer songs. I was surprised that
    Bones
    was Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Five Pointless answers for me today:
    Angelique Kerber and Janko Tipsarevic
    Fans, The Bucket and Bones in the final round

Delirah

Anyone with some spare time just sit back and relax :D

The Ben Miller jokes never get old :pac:

That ain't bread...that's toast :cool:

JR & Look what you did :D

Tits & Finches & Brian Blessed :pac:

An hour of Pointless fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Brilliant round, who knew dogs would be so difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Some extremely annoying contestants today, way too enthusiastic. Hope the dour Scots win.

Edit: not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

What an annoying pair.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So glad that pair got to the final so we'd not have to put up with them again another show. Annoyed they won though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How much giggling can one person do?!
    Not to mention that scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked the couple that won. The girl had a cheerful personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

i get 2 pointless answers in the last round,sports and geography would be my favourites,i hate modern music and movie questions i never get near any of those right.

Homer Simpson: Er...North...Kilt...Town

That fell well for them. I would have won with
    Chippy Brady

I still think the new format in the final is a bit too easy. Maybe two rather than three categories would work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Skid X wrote: »
    Chippy Brady

I still think the new format in the final is a bit too easy. Maybe two rather than three categories would work better.

Only started watching it recently, what used the final round be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

Prowetod wrote: »

When you chose your categary there was only one question asked.

Prowetod wrote: »

The main difference is you can now give answers to three different questions - in the past it was just one

For example, today they had three questions about Glasgow (Celtic Managers, Underground stations and Billy Connolly films).

In the past if you chose Glasgow you would only be asked one, so 'Glasgow Underground stations' might have been the only question asked, making it more difficult to score a Pointless answer.

Here's an example

Skid X wrote: »
    Chippy Brady

My guess is that a lot of the questions they've asked have only produced a couple of pointless answers. Some of them now only have 1 or 2 and you couldn't use those questions individually. When you put a few together it's a more viable question to use.

I'd imagine after a while they may revert back to the standard method if it continues to cause issues. I preferred it the way it was too but at the same time it's more likely to keep viewers interested for the last 10 minutes. Say it was just Glasgow stations that came up then I can guarantee if I had something else to do I'd go off and do it but I wanted to see if I knew any Celtic managers so stayed.

My guess is that a lot of the questions they've asked have only produced a couple of pointless answers. Some of them now only have 1 or 2 and you couldn't use those questions individually. When you put a few together it's a more viable question to use.

I'd imagine after a while they may revert back to the standard method if it continues to cause issues. I preferred it the way it was too but at the same time it's more likely to keep viewers interested for the last 10 minutes. Say it was just Glasgow stations that came up then I can guarantee if I had something else to do I'd go off and do it but I wanted to see if I knew any Celtic managers so stayed.

That's a good point well made, Mr P.

To be fair to the Producers, they have never been afraid to tweak the format to keep it fresh. As you say, if the final round needs to be changed again they will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Impressive biceps on Richard. Won't do his status as a heartthrob any harm!

• Advertisement

In case you missed the Celebrity Pointless Darts Interlude during Saturday's show ...

Phil 'The Power' Taylor

vs

Richard 'And by Country we mean a sovereign state that is a member of the UN in its own right' Osman

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement