Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The flags are the same colour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I came to the party late today. What's the deal with Jamie? Has he been less than useless all evening?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 72,523 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Jamie Out for the count

I came to the party late today. What's the deal with Jamie? Has he been less than useless all evening?

Scored two 100's and let yer man answer all the head to head, except that last one.

War And Peace :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The Seagull

Notes From Underground
    The Double
    The Idiot

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Uncle Vanya

War And Peace :(

Taxi!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Notes from Underground
    A Confession

• Advertisement

Anna Kerenina
    Uncle Vanya
    The Idiot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Raffingora

Can only offer War & Peace, Unle Vanya & The Cherry Orchard. No Booms there I'm afraid.

The Seagull is defo a Chekov play

I was watching Top Gear, and Kristen Scott Thomas was talking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

The House of the Dead

Jamie would've aced this

Martina Navratilova would be an interesting one in the final round.

Opponents she beat to win any of her 18 single Slam titles.
    Name of any partner she won any of her 31 Slam doubles titles with.
    Anyone she lost to in a singles Slam final.

(Chris Evert could be your answer to all 3 :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The second day in a row I've missed it, and I'll make it the hat-trick tomorrow. All going well I'll be back on Friday, silly pointless college.

Imagine an actual Pointless College where Richard was a lecturer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

GUYS!!! I'M A GENIUS!!!

POINTLESS QUIZONE!!! (©FunLover18 2014)

Need I say more? I don't think so. Sweet dreams!!

I've been wondering how they would get three different questions out of "Elton John Albums", which was offered as an option in the final yesterday. It can hardly be split by decade, since ultimately that makes no difference, and including soundtracks for film or stage as a separate question seems to be overreaching. Guest appearances he made on albums by other acts? Artists who appeared on the Two Rooms tribute album? Any theories?

How many albums does Elton have?

Maybe take whatever his most famous album is and name any song on it.

Name any Top 40 charting album, other than the one above, bound to be at least 1 pointless answer there.

Anyone he's done a duet with on any album.... maybe?

Does seem an odd one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

How many albums does Elton have?

It did occur to me that they could also ask to name any musician - other than Elton himself - who has appeared on, say, six or more of his albums. An Elton nerd would have no problem with that, and I suppose only an Elton fan would opt for it in the first place. I just thought it was a bit weird to have the category as "Elton John Albums", rather than just the man himself.

Hiya!

Hi everyone!

*studies Elton's back catalogue*

"Jamie's on day release....."

It's Jamie!

Some nice solid colour blocking going on on a few podiums today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Danny Wilson!!!!!!!!

He got it with Sheffield Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Joe Kinnear

George Graham
    Gerry Francis
    Gordon Strachan
    Atillio Lombardo
    Danny Wilson
    Colin Todd