Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Magpies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The Magpies...and that's about it!

efb wrote: »
    I have Pointless Jealousy!!! I can only see it once a week! :( I watched it on my phone with TunnelBear last night lol

No TV?

I haven't taken to Becky I can safely say

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Simon hates Becky. I think she's making her own way home.

• Advertisement

McFly - You Got A Friend
    Bruce - I'm On Fire

Ugh! Becky is annoying but Simon is a twat.

If Becky wins I will not be held responsible for my actions :mad:

France and The Lions came up as options the other day too.

Nope. Not a bean. Today has been too hard!!

tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg

Not a vintage day.....bar Leah early on :)

• Advertisement

Simon carried Becky the whole game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

SF DUP UUP

*Mr.Prodston smash*

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Simon carried Becky the whole game

She got the Newcastle one though.

Boom!

2/3 answers pointless- get in!

I'll take unlikable contestants, or I'll take hard questions. I do not like both. Good day to you, Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Good one for N. Irish politics, got all 3 parties and Naomi Long, Alliance MP who ousted Peter Robinson.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'm pretty sure most of us would have guessed/suggested the Northern Irish parties, the only redemption for that final round. I need that Lions question soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,056 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Wasn't SDLP a pointless answer yesterday as well?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I do envy you guys who get to play along and post on here as it broadcasts. I don't get home on time so have to record. Today's didn't record though. It's a new series (10) so UPC didn't record it!! Grrr.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

quickbeam wrote: »
    I do envy you guys who get to play along and post on here as it broadcasts. I don't get home on time so have to record. Today's didn't record though. It's a new series (10) so UPC didn't record it!! Grrr.

If it's any consolation, I get to see about half an hour of it.

Redheads was my only good q today. Couldn't believe only 3 people knew Conan. Rest of the programme, I was very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

quickbeam wrote: »

This happened to me too, but I thought my (sometimes faulty) upc box was to blame.

They really shouldn't just start a new series with no notice - I've been caught out by that before.

I only get to see it when I work from home. I saw the 2nd half this eve on my iPhone with tunnelbear (VPN APP)

I can't b arsed to record it don't know why

I love though putting the guess before the announcement so it's all joy or embarrassing fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I thought in the final round you picked from 3 categories, was it always 4? Becky was incredibly annoying, would have preffered the jackpot to have rolled over to a more likeable pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Eeden wrote: »
    This happened to me too, but I thought my (sometimes faulty) upc box was to blame.

They really shouldn't just start a new series with no notice - I've been caught out by that before.

I was caught out as well :( And not for the first time either.
    I thought the UPC box went on the blink again, but for once I blamed it in the wrong.

Eeden wrote: »

UPC stands for Useless Piece of Crap. Mine picks and chooses what it wants to record. I've got a few things set to record all the episodes and it does it one week, doesn't bother the next. I deleted a few series off it because I didn't like them and it randomly still records half of them, usually when I'm recording something else and then it s**ts itself and records nothing.

/rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

UPC stands for Useless Piece of Crap. Mine picks and chooses what it wants to record. I've got a few things set to record all the episodes and it does it one week, doesn't bother the next. I deleted a few series off it because I didn't like them and it randomly still records half of them, usually when I'm recording something else and then it s**ts itself and records nothing.

/rant.

At the risk of going totally OT, for some reason my upc box turns itself off (and keeps turning off for at least 20 mins) every Tuesday when the Great British Bake Off comes on (daughter's favourite programme). Once in a while it will do it at other times, but never so many times in a row. It's getting spooky.

Anyway to get back on topic, I've now set it to record Series 10 of pointless. Anyone know how many shows in a series?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement