Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointless is the best entertainment show out there

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On a separate note, Ann is a bit of a MILF classy lady

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

On a separate note, Ann is a bit of a MILF classy lady

She certainly is and I'll be the bigger man and let you have a shot. I'll bite the bullet and comfort poor wee Meghan who must be distraught.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

She certainly is and I'll be the bigger man and let you have a shot. I'll bite the bullet and comfort poor wee Meghan who must be distraught.

She'll think your Thomas Wilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

flazio wrote: »
    Lets be fair guys, if there was an Irish version of this (and if so who would you like to see present?)

An Irish version would almost certainly be broadcast on TV3 - so, much as we'd all like Xander and Richard to present it, we'd probably have to make do with Mark Cagney and Alan Hughes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

An Irish version would almost certainly be broadcast on TV3 - so, much as we'd all like Xander and Richard to present it, we'd probably have to make do with Mark Cagney and Alan Hughes...

I wonder which one would be the brains :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Who is Ann?

Who is Ann?

I assumed this was referring to the blonde lady in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Just watching it now, who the **** is Thomas Wilde

Richard has some recommendations on the 100 things you don't need to do. He really should watch Breaking Bad though :pac:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/05/100-top-things-dont-need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I <3 him! Very witty.

Interestingly, I just finished the book he referenced in the first paragraph - Gone Girl and it was really very good. I couldn't put it down!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

No one watching celeb version then? Words ending in are, best I have flare, blare or declare.

Solo boom, 6 for declare! Biowarfare dinnerware outstare skincare timeshare all pointless

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yay, I had Inland Empire, though really didn't expect it to be Pointless.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cronenberg's version of 101 Dalmatians and Lynch's version of Born Free though.

Only had crash and naked lunch, so no pointless answers for me.

This has been a great week for Pointless fans.

First we had Richard pitch the Pointless Roadshow and now we can look forward to Pointless - the Musical.

And just to answer your other question (the 100), Flambé is not a word ending in 'are'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

brian_t wrote: »
    This has been a great week for Pointless fans.

First we had Richard pitch the Pointless Roadshow and now we can look forward to Pointless - the Musical.

Thanks for that! my stupid upc box let me down again and didn't record...!

Popular Irish Music = Corrs Top 40 singles

'Popular Irish Music' came up as an option on Saturday but the finalists opted for 'Directors named David' instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Can't wait for 5.15 tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

efb can only watch in Tuesdays, I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I just spotted that today's show is technically a new series ...
    Pointless
    Season 6 Episode 1 of 70
    Quiz show in which pairs of contestants have to score the fewest points possible by giving the least obvious correct answers to questions posed to 100 people before the show. At the end of each round, the team with the most points is eliminated until the final two pairs battle for a cash prize. Presented by Alexander Armstrong

Read more at http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=11199081#rXJ1L5p9WadcMPyO.99

Which means if you have it on a Series Link on UPC, it probably won't record today's show unless you set up a new Series link. I'm not sure about Sky or other Broadcasters. So annoying. If you have any means of checking your settings before 5.15 - do so. Apologies for not spotting this earlier.

Edit: As Brian_t points out below it's a repeat, not a new series.

Also, I will be contacting TV Guide to get them to give Richard a billing as co-host. I'm in bad humour now. They had better pick Irish Geography in the final round today ...

^ If you think about it Xander does very little. Richard explains the question and then gives more info on the answers too. Xander just sort of chats to the contestants and feigns interest in their hobbies.

Skid X wrote: »
    I just spotted that today's show is technically a new series ...

That's well spotted but it's not a new series it's a repeat. Series 6 Episode 23 of 70

First shown Wed 14 Mar 2012

and repeated Mon 7 Oct 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01dlvrc

(Last Fridays episode was Series 10 - Episode 7 of 70)

3 weeks of repeats then originations

https://twitter.com/johnericryan (Series Producer of Pointless)

^ If you think about it Xander does very little. Richard explains the question and then gives more info on the answers too. Xander just sort of chats to the contestants and feigns interest in their hobbies.

To be fair, comic geniuses like Richard (and Ben Miller) need a good 'straight man' and Xander is perfect for the role. :D

brian_t wrote: »
    That's well spotted but it's not a new series it's a repeat. Series 6 Episode 23 of 70

First shown Wed 14 Mar 2012

and repeated Mon 7 Oct 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01dlvrc

Ah, right. That's worse again. We have gone from Series 10 back to repeats of Series 6. Strange that TVGuide say it is Episode 1 of Series 6.

Still, seeing as most people will have seen these episodes I expect the number of Pointless Booms to increase from anyone playing along live!

I suppose Xander is smart enough to know that Richard is great at what he does, even if it eclipses his own role slightly. And they have great chemistry and you can tell they are friends in real lfe.

It might work without Xander, but probably not nearly as well. It's hard to imagine Pointless without Richard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Interesting they're starting repeats. I don't think I've seen that series so I'll still be playing live! :)

Baby went asleep early today so hope he's still napping in half an hour!

I only started watching properly a few weeks ago so chances are I haven't seen these ones.

• Advertisement

Repeats?! *groans*

First I spend hours doing college work, second I find out The Brog in Cork is closing permanently at the end of the month and now this :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement