Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new e-cig.

Options
  • 20-11-2012 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried this bunch?

http://snoke.ie/

I bumped into a stall in the airport and it seemed far more convenient then my eco-c. The whole effort of carrying a big bulky ecig along with spare carts and a big bottle of fluid and having to re-fule the thing all the time has me reaching for real cigarettes more often then not.

Any suggestions for something a little more convenient ie smaller with maybe some sort of caps that that place above?

Admins if theres a problem posting a link to this site feel free to remove it, not trying to plug the company just want to find out if anyone has any experience with it before I throw more money down the drain trying to quit! :D

EDIT: Feckin stupid name for an ecig, its impossible to find any info on it cause google thinks I spell like a child!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

never heard of them, go for an innokin pcc id say instead.
    Those small lower performing not enduring vapesticks got me almost back to cigs and im happy to have my more reliable bulkier PV, everyone is different.
    In my humble opinion either a pcc or at least ego sized battery or you will struggle to get a days faff free vaping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

While it won't fix your "big, bulky" problem, a VV Gripper with a 3400mAh efest battery and a 6ml DCT would get you through two fairly solid days of vaping without having to recharge or refill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

They look basically the same as every other crappy $5 electronic cigarette that you can pick up from china, even down to the charger and case.

1. Battery life will suck.
    2. Charger 110V
    4. Too Expensive
    The whole effort of carrying a big bulky ecig along with spare carts and a big bottle of fluid and having to re-fule the thing all the time

You'll be doing that anyhow, the carts do not last long, batteries even less.

4. "ALL PRODUCTS INDIVIDUALLY TESTED AT FDA APPROVED LABORATORIES IN BONN, GERMANY"

Its that kind of misleading information from ecig companies that gets the e-cig business a bad name. Ecigs of any kind have not been "approved" by the FDA - and while I know it does not say that here, it implies it as a misleading selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I carry an Ego Twist 900mah with a CE4 on top, if you bring two of these your set for about 18 hours and they take up less space in a pair of jeans than a packet of cigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I carry a Biansi Imist 1100mAh. Had been on a 510-T, and didn't like how short the battery life on it was. Yes, granted, I carried around a spare battery, but wasn't happy with the short life of it. The Imist battery life of what I'm using is great. Much happier with it. Looking at that thing in the OP, I'm sure the battery life would be even worse than the 510-T. To me, that is the key consideration with an e-cig.

I've had the Imist I guess a week or week and a half, and haven't had to charge it much at all. I am kind of stress testing them, but not really keeping a proper "ok I charged it here, and I needed to charge it again here" which I should. I do know I rarely have to charge it though. And I'm one who wants to be ready for any time where I have to go any substantial amount of time without being able to charge, so while I both 2 with my order, I bought an extra one. I'm sure a time will come when having 3 will be of use. Either because I can't charge for whatever reason, like I go somewhere for a spell, and forget the charger. Or I can smoke one, and show people what they're like at the same time.

Er, yeah, apologies for the ramble. I seldom post here, so when I do, I try to hit on more than one thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I carry a Biansi Imist 1100mAh. Had been on a 510-T, and didn't like how short the battery life on it was. Yes, granted, I carried around a spare battery, but wasn't happy with the short life of it. The Imist battery life of what I'm using is great. Much happier with it. Looking at that thing in the OP, I'm sure the battery life would be even worse than the 510-T. To me, that is the key consideration with an e-cig.

I've had the Imist I guess a week or week and a half, and haven't had to charge it much at all. I am kind of stress testing them, but not really keeping a proper "ok I charged it here, and I needed to charge it again here" which I should. I do know I rarely have to charge it though. And I'm one who wants to be ready for any time where I have to go any substantial amount of time without being able to charge, so while I both 2 with my order, I bought an extra one. I'm sure a time will come when having 3 will be of use. Either because I can't charge for whatever reason, like I go somewhere for a spell, and forget the charger. Or I can smoke one, and show people what they're like at the same time.

Er, yeah, apologies for the ramble. I seldom post here, so when I do, I try to hit on more than one thing.

Is a helpful post for me, I'm thinking of going for the Imist myself, keep us updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I can recommend these, really easy to use and attracts little attention.
    http://liberro.co.uk/realis

• Registered Users Posts: 21 finnvalley

csi vegas wrote: »

Is a helpful post for me, I'm thinking of going for the Imist myself, keep us updated!

Csi, I was using the imist starter kit for ages and after my old 510-t, I thought it a brilliant piece of kit. The 900mah batteries seemed to last for ages, and it was super simple to replace the wicks. I even managed to get my mum using manual batteries instead of her beloved autos through that kit. I didn't find it bulky in the least (even in my freakishly small hands), and never got any funny looks from folk. When I get home on Monday, I'll take a pic for you if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

finnvalley wrote: »
    Csi, I was using the imist starter kit for ages and after my old 510-t, I thought it a brilliant piece of kit. The 900mah batteries seemed to last for ages, and it was super simple to replace the wicks. I even managed to get my mum using manual batteries instead of her beloved autos through that kit. I didn't find it bulky in the least (even in my freakishly small hands), and never got any funny looks from folk. When I get home on Monday, I'll take a pic for you if you like.

You're only great! Thanks for the info. And pics would be great too!
    Got small little hands too, my new phone is like an iPad to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Snoke are the only e cig made in Germany. The nicotine is pharm grade FDA approved.
    The battery life is very impressive. I got a starter kit in the airport for 20quid which included a usb charger and 6 caps, each containing 25 cigs worth of nicotine.
    The caps are 9.95 for a pack of 5 ordered online and delivered to my door within 2 days.
    Very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Snoke are the only e cig made in Germany. The nicotine is pharm grade FDA approved.
    The battery life is very impressive. I got a starter kit in the airport for 20quid which included a usb charger and 6 caps, each containing 25 cigs worth of nicotine.
    The caps are 9.95 for a pack of 5 ordered online and delivered to my door within 2 days.
    Very impressed.
    Unless the caps contain 5mls of juice the "25 cigs worh of nicotine" is meaningless - using the same twisted logic a cigarette contains 10-20 cigs worth of nicotine.
    Glad they're working for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

grindle wrote: »
    Unless the caps contain 5mls of juice the "25 cigs worh of nicotine" is meaningless - using the same twisted logic a cigarette contains 10-20 cigs worth of nicotine.
    Glad they're working for you though!

Well yes that's an estimate obviously, the caps contain a tiny sponge soaked in this gel. I truck into my Snoke several times a day/ 5 days a week and i would change the cap maximum once and charge the battery maximum once.

Advertisement