Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flip replacement?

• 20-11-2012 6:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace my Flip, wondering what the best alternatives are out there? Something that shoots HD straight to MP4 with decent encoding would be nice, if it can do external mic as well as built in, that would be awesome.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Budget, what do you want it for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Rew wrote: »
    Budget, what do you want it for?

Budget: up to €150 or so (flexible)

Usage: to camera interviews, recording of seminars, recording of iPad or smartphone demos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 eoc2

Try the Kodak Zi8. Have had 1 for a while now and can't fault it. Even has an external mic input.

eoc2 wrote: »
    Try the Kodak Zi8. Have had 1 for a while now and can't fault it. Even has an external mic input.

Do you know if it's possible to lock exposure on the Zi8?

I'm trying to record an iPad with the Flip, and the exposure changes with the screen really messes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 eoc2

You can't lock the exposure on the kodak but the auto exposure is very smooth and accurate. It does have a macro focus setting too.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 23 CDM001

I think sony have an option

For the record, I got an iPhone 5 in the end. Awesome camera.

Advertisement