Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus v Chelsea K/O 7:45pm UTV

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Torres set oscar up lovely there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Torture at this stage...

2-5 in the other game.

Another shíte free-kick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

what a tackle by rambo , and he on a yellow,

We decide to go for the game when its already dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Torres set oscar up lovely there
    He did. And Oscar didn't even get a shot off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Torres seems so disinterested, he really isn't acting professional IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

DazMarz wrote: »
    2-5 in the other game.

Is that good or bad for Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Doesnt bode well for Sunday either - this run of results gets managers sacked

what a tackle by rambo , and he on a yellow,

We decide to go for the game when its already dead

As my grandfather always used to say: "Good at killing dead things".

And even then, the attack is woeful. Nothing good at all. Only Petr Cech and Ashley Cole can come off the pitch tonight with any dignity. The rest were utter dross all night. A few flashes of brilliance, but nothing major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Doesnt bode well for Sunday either - this run of results gets managers sacked

Well if we dont get out of the group and its looking impossible he will be sacked. I'd nearly bank on it.

I cant remember the last time I watched us play this poorly , good finish from the sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Gutted. Cant believe we have to rely on shakhtar to do us a favour

And just to put the icing on the motherfúcking cake.

Fair play to Juve.

I doubt any other European Champions have put in such a shocking defence of their title.

Well that was excellent.

RDM is going to be sacked very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great finish from tyrion lannister. He's done well since he came on.

Andy Townsand is correct , 3 up does not flatter Juve at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

I could not be happier. We've outclassed 'The Champions', a big night for Juventus! Great performance.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well if we dont get out of the group and its looking impossible he will be sacked. I'd nearly bank on it.
    Shakhtar have to want to put Juve out for us to have a hope now.

It's also the manner of our losing. CFC looking very, very thin. Falcao isn't the complete answer. How to build our defence for the future?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well that was excellent.

RDM is going to be sacked very soon.

It's ****ing disgraceful if he gets the sack.

to only lose 3-0 flatters fúcking Chelsea. Shocking.

I felt a nauseating feeling in my stomach when I saw the team sheet before the match, and it was proven. Whatever the thinking was.

Horrible game. Horrible result.

Thursday night football for the rest of the year, boys. Get used to it.

The Old Lady of Italy proves there's life in the old dog yet...

Over and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

we could have been two up before Juve scored....and had another one on one to make it 1-1 in the first half.

In saying that RDM is a goner.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Very impressed with Juventus, I am not even sure Chelsea were that bad just completely outplayed.

SantryRed wrote: »

Its going to happen though. Roman wont want Chelsea to be the first defending champions out at the group stage and IMO he only needs an excuse to sack TDM and this is the perfect one unless Shakthar do us a huge favour.

I could not be happier. We've outclassed 'The Champions', a big night for Juventus! Great performance.

Yep, delighted. Well deserved, and a good game till about 70 minutes when chelseas felt it slip away.

• Advertisement

I hope there is no knee jerk reaction against RDM. It would be shameful if he were sacked.

RA has his pretext now.

RDM was dealt a poor enough hand. No decent attacker to rely on. So he can't be completely faulted. And he's had the bad luck to lose Terry.

But there's going to be a total refit at CFC now. And RDM is not going to be the main man.

Higher wrote: »
    Very impressed with Juventus, I am not even sure Chelsea were that bad just completely outplayed.

Oh we were s**t, Juve were good but wasteful could easily been 5 or 6.

Higher wrote: »

Juve arent that good. They will not be one of the teams the big 'uns will want to avoid come the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Well, thats what you get for such a lop sided squad.
    3 No 10's, JT still our best CB by a country mile, no strikers and a soft midfield
    Just shows you how good we had it for so many years.
    Trying to play Barca football doesnt work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yep, delighted. Well deserved, and a good game till about 70 minutes when chelseas felt it slip away.

I hope we get another big performance in Donetsk, Shaktar are a quality side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Garzorico wrote: »
    Juve arent that good. They will not be one of the teams the big 'uns will want to avoid come the draw.

Your joking right 2 defeats in 18 months would say your wrong.

RDM has to shoulder alot of the blame tonightt though, went out to defend and we were terrible at the back.

I was presuming he was training the last few day with the formation but it didnt work so thats going to go against him too.

The media will be all over him for this with his selection and tactics, I dont ant him sacked but its only a matter of time IMO.

I think they are criminally under-rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I've been more impressed with Shaktar than Juve. We have been outplayed in both away games, not good enough.

Bang on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Never ever saw Chelsea getting a result here. Thought Juventus could have ended up with more.

we could have been two up before Juve scored....and had another one on one to make it 1-1 in the first half.

In saying that RDM is a goner.

And Juve could have been 2-0 up before Juve scored if it wasn't for 2 great Cech saves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

SantryRed wrote: »

In fairness he was never going to last too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I don't know what's worse, being knocked out of the CL or having to play in the Europa league

Until Guardiola is ready to take up the reins.

1 January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

That's more like what I was expecting from Juve in Europe this year. Great performance. Marchisio and Vidal absolutely destroyed Mikel and Ramires.

ITV demonstrating how lax Luiz is. Seems Sideshow doesn't do running.

McDave wrote: »
    Until Guardiola is ready to take up the reins.

1 January?

He might not want it after that display.

'Arry in. :eek: :p :pac:

I dont think RDM should be fired after that. He lost to a superior team while missing his key players. Chelsea didn't have a chance against a Juventus side playing like that. How many shots did Juventus have on goal, 30?

McDave wrote: »
    ITV demonstrating how lax Luiz is. Seems Sideshow doesn't do running.

ITV have summed it up.20 goals leaked in 10 games when Luiz and Cahill have been paired is ridicules.

ah unbeaten against whom though.

Barca, Citeh, Arsenal, Utd, Real, Milan, Dortmund wont be losing much sleep if they draw Juventus.

He might not want it after that display.

'Arry in. :eek: :p :pac:
    Yep. Let's not take it for granted.

But the way the squad is now, Guardiola gets to choose who's in and who's out. There'll be no player power. Just hard-working runners.

My own gut feeling is that the stage is being set for Guardiola. RA had hoped for a decent run under RDM to give Guardiola the sabbatical he wanted. But Chelsea's recent collapse has now forced his hand.

The real risk is that RDM will now start to lose the dressing room, and seriously slide down the league table.

Tonight is probably the worst possible outcome for CFC. Really under pressure now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Just looking at the table. Chelsea could easily still go through. Juve have a tough trip to Donetsk and Chelsea will surely beat the Danes.

Advertisement