Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus v Chelsea K/O 7:45pm UTV

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Real had 36 shots against Man City at the bernebeu this season
    Juve had about 30 shots tonight & 15 on target
    EPL defences are just not good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Just looking at the table. Chelsea could easily still go through. Juve have a tough trip to Donetsk and Chelsea will surely beat the Danes.

Yeah still possible but I think chelsea will regret blowing a 2-0 nil lead against juve at the bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Garzorico wrote: »

ah unbeaten against whom though.

Barca, Citeh, Arsenal, Utd, Real, Milan, Dortmund wont be losing much sleep if the draw Juventus.
    Juventus are walking the league that Milan are in the bottom half of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Just looking at the table. Chelsea could easily still go through. Juve have a tough trip to Donetsk and Chelsea will surely beat the Danes.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go put money on that, we might come out and play 2 8 0 formation against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chelsea only have themselves to blame.
    Weve wasted so much money on attacking players only to not play them
    Moses, De Bruyne, Marin (who was our plan B if we didnt make the CL!)
    Thorgan Hazard FFS!
    When its clear we really needed a decent defender, defensive midfielder and a striker
    I totally get we had to give Torres his chance but really, deep down, we all knew he was never going to come good for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

MD1990 wrote: »
    Real had 36 shots against Man City at the bernebeu this season
    Juve had about 30 shots tonight & 15 on target
    EPL defences are just not good enough

That's very true. A few years back both Utd and Chelsea (under mourinho) had excellent defences but none of the english teams can defend anymore and it will cost them in europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Just looking at the table. Chelsea could easily still go through. Juve have a tough trip to Donetsk and Chelsea will surely beat the Danes.

The trouble is a draw will do both nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Barr wrote: »

points = $$$ prizes in the UCL though. The incentive is there for Shaktar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Barr wrote: »

Oh yeah, I hadn't looked at the goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Garzorico wrote: »
    points = $$$ prizes in the UCL though. The incentive is there for Shaktar.

The incentive is there for Shaktar to top the group with a draw, i think they would prefer that than money, both sides could easily settle for a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If Juve can draw against Nordsjaelland, they can lose to Shakhtar...I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea 'heroically' escape on the last day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

dfx- wrote: »
    If Juve can draw against Nordsjaelland, they can lose to Shakhtar...I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea sneak through.

Shakhtar only need a draw to top the group though and Juve aren't going to go flat out for the win and risking losing it, as they know a draw guarantees them qualification.

It's def one of those games that has draw written all over it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

If Juve can draw against Nordsjaelland, they can lose to Shakhtar...I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea 'heroically' escape on the last day.

They went over with a very weak team though and were over confident. If they play their first team against Shaktar then they should win, especially if they play in the form they were in last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cant see it happening at all mate, although I expect Sky to hype up and over dramatise the situation. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Juve and Shaktar should play out a draw . If I was them I'd rather play each other later on in the knockout rounds than a Chelsea team that spent a fortune in January .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

And just to add, i watched that game and Juve were all over them, it was similar to irelands draw with russia!

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Juve and Shaktar should play out a draw . If I was them I'd rather play each other later on in the knockout rounds than a Chelsea team that spent a fortune in January .

Wont be as easy as that. Neither will want to finish 2nd because they coudl easily draw someone like Real Madrid or Barcelona. Saying that I still think it will end in a draw.

McDave wrote: »
    Yep. Let's not take it for granted.

But the way the squad is now, Guardiola gets to choose who's in and who's out. There'll be no player power. Just hard-working runners.

My own gut feeling is that the stage is being set for Guardiola. RA had hoped for a decent run under RDM to give Guardiola the sabbatical he wanted. But Chelsea's recent collapse has now forced his hand.

The real risk is that RDM will now start to lose the dressing room, and seriously slide down the league table.

Tonight is probably the worst possible outcome for CFC. Really under pressure now.

If Pep does come in I think we will see a radical change, he showed at Barca he wasnt afraid to get rid of players he felt werent good for the team. Ronaldhino, Deco, Eto'o were all chopped and they were pretty much a staple for Rijkaard's sucess.

If Pep does come in a few players can fear for their future, Lamps, Torres, Ivanovic, Mikel could all be shown the exit door fairly quickly.

The squad has to rally together and a win against City would help that, AVB needed a win against City and beat them at the Bridge on the back of a poor run so hopefully RDM can pull something out of the hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Jax Teller wrote: »

Not so sure we will spend a fortune in Jan - weve only just broken even and already spent the CL cash

Advertisement