Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tallaght Superbikes

• 20-11-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Basically I'm just looking for a bit of info about them.

Looking to buy a bike and was just wondering has anyone had any dealings with them or a they genuine enough??

Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Kinda like anything, everyone has different experiences with different people. Personally, I had a nightmare with them. Won't go into it, but basically I'll never be dealing with them again and any of my mates that ask about the place, I'll send them elsewhere. But that's just me. I bet there'll be a few along to say they're grand, but that's life. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Wouldn't recommend them myself.

I bought my bike there two years ago, first time bike buyer, and I feel they took advantage of that fact. I reckon I was overcharged and I also don't think they did what I asked.

For example I asked them would they do a full service of the bike before they gave it to me. 'Yep, absolutely, we do that with all our bikes' they said. I don't think that was done.

The bike wasn't in great knick mechanically when I got it either. I've spent a bit of money fixing things. It's much better now than it ever was.

I know a lot of the above was down to my own inexperience and lack of knowledge at the time, but as a result I don't trust them. I think they lied to me. And that, for me, is enough of a reason not to shell out any money there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Yes but you have to admire their smooth sales technique. I was looking at a bike in there and made a comment to the nice man that the bike was a bit rough. So instead of saying come inside we have lots of shiny bikes in there, he said why don't you just **** off to mega bikes then.. What could I say, I left, went down to JP and hoped I didn't hurt their feelings while I bought a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

OOOOOHHHH stay well clear nuff said....

Pedro K wrote: »
    I know a lot of the above was down to my own inexperience and lack of knowledge at the time, but as a result I don't trust them. I think they lied to me. And that, for me, is enough of a reason not to shell out any money there again.

Yes, but because of inexperience, they should look after you more, not take the p!ss. :mad:
    So instead of saying come inside we have lots of shiny bikes in there, he said why don't you just **** off to mega bikes then..

Yeah, that's kinda the attitude I got from them. Tossers.

• Advertisement

I was up there looking at a bike at the start and it was buried deep in the back with just enough room to sit on it, I asked the lad to take it out and I would be back in about hour. He started laughing and said come back in 3 days!!!!

I said do you wanna sell the ****in bike or not? He said yeah but he had to service a moped 1st.....LMFAO. Needless to say I told him to have a nice day!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I was up there looking at a bike at the start and it was buried deep in the back with just enough room to sit on it, I asked the lad to take it out and I would be back in about hour. He started laughing and said come back in 3 days!!!!

I said do you wanna sell the ****in bike or not? He said yeah but he had to service a moped 1st.....LMFAO. Needless to say I told him to have a nice day!

Yeah that sounds about right too! FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

I spotted a bike they had in an advert a couple of years back that I fancied, rang up, yeah, spotless bike, serviced, good tyres. Great sez I, I am on the way.

Went up to look, rough as a badgers ar$e, as were a lot of the bikes I could see so spent my money elsewhere. That is just my experience but they may have changed since.

Sure you can trade in a car & bike & a headless horse man for a bike or vice versa, I bet they would take butter vouchers ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monuworks

Cheers lads for the feedback,

I have my mind made up after all the comments, everyone can't be wrong!!

I'll spend my few shillings somewhere else,

As they say it pays to talk!!

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

You dont mind a shop not haggling with you on price or shy with a warranty etc etc, even been stubborn about a delivery late. But a fcuk you attitude when you are trying to GIVE THEM MONEY!!!! Imagine the crap if you had to go back with the bike after a month.....

No Thanx.

Advertisement