Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX S 250Gb Output problem

Options
  • 20-11-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Well lads,
    Since last night the display on the xbox has gone all over the place. Constant flickering and the colours are all messed up.

Im thinking it's either something up with the HDMI output or the graphics chip (if it is a chip) in the xbox. I've tried 4 HDMI cables on 2 different tellys and the same problem. I've raised the issue with Microsoft, but they claim that the Xbox is out of warranty (got it the xmas the slim & kinect was released, so not sure whether that is 2 years or 3)

Is there anywhere in the Leinster area that you could recommend to possibly get it fixed/looked at?

Cheers for the help lads.
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭assasins creed

worth checking see if its on 50 hz display or 60hz and to check the telly as well to what it displays either 50hz or 60hz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Thanks for the reply AC.

But I've tried everything. Changed all the display outputs on the xbox itself to see if that would work, but nothing.

I had been playing fifa for about an hour yesterday. No problems at all. Then I turned the xbox back on an hour or so later and it was all over the place.

I have my TVs Aspect set to Auto, and now when it's turned on, the top left corner where it shows the display ie 1080p/60hz and then underneath that Wide, keeps flickering and changing between wide & auto, so its definitely something with the signal being received from the xbox.

I even set the Aspect ratio to 16;9 and the flickering of trying to change ratio keeps coming up.

I know its not the TV as both the blu ray and AppleTV work fine, even with the xboxs HDMI plugged into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Try it with a normal AV component/composite cable instead of HDMI, that'll tell you if it's the console hardware or just the port itself that's buggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Gweedling wrote: »
    Try it with a normal AV component/composite cable instead of HDMI, that'll tell you if it's the console hardware or just the port itself that's buggered.

Im going to do that this evening. I havent got the cable anymore so have to wait to get one of a friend.

Advertisement