Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple One Day Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Theyre updating the site. I wonder how long this will take. 6am tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There at it for the last few hours. It should have started by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

This post has been deleted.

So frustrating seeing screen and then clicking shop now and it saying updating :-(

Wonder will it be same price in ireland
    http://store.apple.com/de/browse/holiday/shopping_event?aid=aic-aos-de-holiday-november2013-homepage-bf-dayof

bulmersgal wrote: »

So frustrating seeing screen and then clicking shop now and it saying updating :-(

Wonder will it be same price in ireland
    http://store.apple.com/de/browse/holiday/shopping_event?aid=aic-aos-de-holiday-november2013-homepage-bf-dayof

It's live and we getting charged more, what's new

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

bulmersgal wrote: »
    It's live and we getting charged more, what's new

How are we getting charged more?

€41 off new iPad and €15 off Polyutherene cases!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's shockingly bad. Black friday it is.

How are we getting charged more?

€41 off new iPad and €15 off Polyutherene cases!

Compared to the German link I had posted, most of there stuff was a bit cheaper but same amount off.

I still bought a new case for my iPad can't wait to get it now :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Gonna get myself one of the new iPad covers.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Gonna get myself one of the new iPad covers.

I was going to get one but they look a bit on the cheap side. Maybe it's the gaudy colours but they weren't floating my boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Love people's reactions to how bad this is! Go ahead and pay full price if you'd like, I'll take any discount they offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Love people's reactions to how bad this is! Go ahead and pay full price if you'd like, I'll take any discount they offer.

That doesn't make it a good sale! No iPad Mini=Bad sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The funny thing is everyone knew in advance that it would be in the 10% range, just like every other year, yet still wait up to express disappointment.

Do people really expect a bargain bucket of €50 ipads!

Bigcheeze wrote: »

The funny thing is everyone knew in advance that it would be in the 10% range, just like every other year, yet still wait up to express disappointment.

Do people really expect a bargain bucket of €50 ipads!

IPads are reduced just not the mini. All the Black Friday sales are disappointing this year.

For some people you just can't criticise Apple at all. That's really obvious in this thread. The sale sucks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not even a cent off the iPod Classic, considering they actually increased in price by about 30 quid when they announced all the new stuff a few months back that's actually ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Not even a cent off the iPod Classic, considering they actually increased in price by about 30 quid when they announced all the new stuff a few months back that's actually ridiculous.

this is actually what i was looking for! i remember them being €229 not so long ago. what a rip off at €269.
    amazon have them for £176!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also not to mention that black friday is an american thing and we're lucky to even have it at all considering thanksgiving is an american holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

All the Black Friday sales are disappointing this year.

Yes they're ruining this great Irish tradition :rolleyes:

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Yes they're ruining this great Irish tradition :rolleyes:
    Who mentioned anything about an Irish holiday?

You're being very silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Who mentioned anything about an Irish holiday?

You're being very silly.
    and being disappointed at the discounts isn't silly?

apple could up their prices of their consumer range by 10% tomorrow and people will still pay it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Isn't it Apple's right to set their own prices and offer whatever discounts they feel like?

I don't why people are expecting or complaining.

Ipad mini is a new product and no surprise there is no discount.

I worked once in retail and I remember people wanting extra discount on products marked down by 50%, you just can't please people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's probably because the majority of other American retailers put up proper discounts like 25 or 50% and the whole retail industry in the US makes a big deal about the huge discounts on the day.
    Apple always make a big song and dance about their black friday sale, and then put up pathetic discounts which you expect in any ordinary sale, making themselves look ridiculous in comparison to everyone else.

Though you only get excited about it once and then you stop bothering to even look at the Apple shop once you realise that Apple don't really do discounts.

and being disappointed at the discounts isn't silly?

apple could up their prices of their consumer range by 10% tomorrow and people will still pay it.

Of course they could and nobody suggested any different. My point is that they advertised this as a one day sale and I thought they might put the iPad mini up at a small discount; They didn't and, overall, their sale is rubbish, for me.

It's disappointing that the iPad Mini isn't a part of this sale but its not surprising. Apple don't really do discounts but that doesn't mean I can't say that this sale is rubbish and to suggest that is, indeed, silly.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Isn't it Apple's right to set their own prices and offer whatever discounts they feel like?
    Yeah, it clearly is their right to set whatever price they like.

Some better discounts tbh
    Ipad mini is a new product and no surprise there is no discount.

I worked once in retail and I remember people wanting extra discount on products marked down by 50%, you just can't please people.

Some people really can't help themselves^.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

I'm going to order a case for my ipad and want to have it engraved.

I read the comments on the apple site regarding the case and someone said his first case did not fit properly and have to change it a few times to get the right fit.

If I order online can I bring it to compub for an exchange, I know I won't get an engraved one as a replacement?

Have to hand it to them they are fast!
    Ordered last night at midnight and got a notification that it's been despatched and will arrive monday!

Have to hand it to them they are fast!
    Ordered last night at midnight and got a notification that it's been despatched and will arrive monday!

Mine is coming by Tuesday, I thought it would be longer especially as getting it engraved.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My mam was buying an iPad for my dad for christmas, might aswell order it today as €468 is cheaper than €509 so she is happy tbh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Aquos76 wrote: »
    So your doing me out of 10% you told me it was a 17% discount :D

Employees get one system discounted at 27% every 12 months, and I think its 3 units for friends and family @ 17%. I'm typing this on my MBA which a mate got for me at 27%.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭a7k10rf6z8buel

Was thinking of getting an iPad next month in New York but might just order one this evening, less hassle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Bought a 32 Gig iPad for myself for Xmas :)

I had been humming and hawing about buying it for ages but the 50 quid off pushed me to take the plunge! It's going to kill me not being able to use it for weeks!!

And stop moaning about the sale just because the things on sale don't suit you

Advertisement