Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding dress shopping Kyoto

Options
  • 20-11-2012 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello, can anyone help me find wedding dress shops in Kyoto? also if you have any information on prices etc or surrounding areas. Greatly appreciate it! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

TAPA2012 wrote: »
    Hello, can anyone help me find wedding dress shops in Kyoto? also if you have any information on prices etc or surrounding areas. Greatly appreciate it! :)

Hi, I really don't know anything about wedding dresses or wedding shops, so I'm just dropping in to say congratulations on your coming wedding and wish you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

TAPA2012 wrote: »

ブライダルアクセサリー京都

Are you having a Western style wedding where the bride buys and keeps the wedding dress, with the nuptials carried out in a christian church with a real priest who will register and issue a real marriage cert ? All done in Japan .

It's not impossible but it's near enough impossible to get and buy a wedding dress off the peg in Japan.

On the flip side of madness . You can have a dream western wedding at the local Love Hotel . Groom get's the loan of a Tux and the Bride can keep the plastic Tiara which has the name of the hotel stamped on it. Cake and Champaign is inclusive in the package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭TAPA2012

shindig-jp wrote: »
    ブライダルアクセサリー京都

Are you having a Western style wedding where the bride buys and keeps the wedding dress, with the nuptials carried out in a christian church with a real priest who will register and issue a real marriage cert ? All done in Japan .

It's not impossible but it's near enough impossible to get and buy a wedding dress off the peg in Japan.

On the flip side of madness . You can have a dream western wedding at the local Love Hotel . Groom get's the loan of a Tux and the Bride can keep the plastic Tiara which has the name of the hotel stamped on it. Cake and Champaign is inclusive in the package.

Thank you! That sounds like alot of fun at the local love inn! I found one in Gion on my sightseeing but so far I can't read alot of Japanese so I would never of guessed they did weddings too! I am getting married in Ireland next year and I am looking for a western style white wedding dress for a catholic ceremony. Would you know of any bridal shops that I could try on a dress and if I like it have it altered and packaged up to bring home with me? I thought I would be in great luck here. I found three shops in Kyoto from an online search and I wonder if they operate the same as Ireland....I wont get into them this week but possibly next week for a look.... will keep you posted about buying a wedding dress in Japan!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

TAPA2012

The basic wedding dresses that can be hired in Japan are mostly imports from China that are then modified with accessories to suit the budget of the Japanese bride who will marry at the local wedding palace . A dress that comes up for sale to the public will have had some use made of it before it reaches a retail outlet.

I did the marriage ceremony just to keep my in-laws happy. It's just one big expensive photo shoot of dressing up. The groom can keep the nylon white pop socks that come with the dress hire shoes but is offered a trash can to dispose of them in the dress area .

I won't go into the Japanese understanding of the brides blue wedding garter often called the "Diana - ダイアナ" south of Tokyo which some Japanese find hilarious .........briefly 大きな穴

Advertisement