Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber [RTE] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I love these types of RTE "Dramas" because it gives us great threads such as this one. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Do people not get it. The creepy guy killed a gil in his car a few years ago, conned the journo out of money so that he pay it to the girls family before taking his own life.

Not exactly rocket science.

I got the impression he believed it was her. And he just used the journo as an opportunity to get money to give back to them before admitting it. But maybe you're right and he knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

toodleytoo wrote: »
    That lad that was giving out the food in the prison looks suspicious.

I thought that old lady pushing a shopping trolley down the street looked a bit shifty.

Or maybe she always looks that way, God love her!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

coolhull wrote: »
    I thought that old lady pushing a shopping trolley down the street looked a bit shifty.

Or maybe she always looks that way, God love her!

There was a man walking a dog.

Always suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

The search for Amber Bailey is not being featured on Prime Time? If she was from the South side it would certainly be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Tasden wrote: »
    I got the impression he believed it was her. And he just used the journo as an opportunity to get money to give back to them before admitting it. But maybe you're right and he knew.

But the cop guy at the dig said the body looked like it was buried at least two years. So he knew it wasn't her.

I think the problem is it is moving sooooo slowy that it is actualy hard to keep an interest and so the 'clues' are missed by most people watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who's Charlie????

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

amdublin wrote: »
    Who's Charlie????

I'd forgotten about Charlie!

And yer one in the flat?

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is this worth watching? From what I've seen of the trailer it seems a lot like the Killing
    in terms of plot and likelihood that a load of red herrings will be thrown up

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But the cop guy at the dig said the body looked like it was buried at least two years. So he knew it wasn't her.

I think the problem is it is moving sooooo slowy that it is actualy hard to keep an interest and so the 'clues' are missed by most people watching.

Ooh you should be a detective! Good spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

And yer one in the flat?

We should get money from RTE for stress involved...

Oh wait, I forget we give them money to do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

And still not a word from Enda Kenny.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Are me and the girlfriend the only ones enjoying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Started watching the first episode tonight, turned off after twenty minutes. How am I supposed to care about this girl after only 5 (obnoxious) minutes of onscreen presence. Also the direction and acting was pretty poor. Why was the superintendent being a dick and I seriously doubt a superintendent would attend the first day's house search.

Also, who in Ireland calls the Gards "the police"
    Well then you wont realise it was BOB.

He didn't go away you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Possibly......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I like it when things begin making sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Skid X wrote: »
    I really hope they researched those names they used on the 'missingireland.ie' website.

They'd better not match real missing people.

Why? If there missing the people looking for them will want there names out thete

ted1 wrote: »
    Why? If there missing the people looking for them will want there names out thete
    but probably not as fictitious characters in a tv drama. Anyway all looked like actors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

ted1 wrote: »

There is no way they would use real names. Between recording and transmission (which could be years later) the people might have been found (either alive or dead).

My point was that the made up names they used might have matched the real names of missing people, accidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Yep....think so. Good on ye!

Skid X wrote: »
    There is no way they would use real names. Between recording and transmission (which could be years later) the people might have been found (either alive or dead).

My point was that the made up names they used might have matched the real names of missing people, accidentally.
    now there's the theme for a crime novel, though I suspect she may have wrote it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Its boreing and drawn out, as someone said, i really dont care about amber we only saw her for 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

there ya have it kids:

don't meet manga fans from the interwebzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Episode 3 is an improvement anyway.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Its boreing and drawn out, as someone said, i really dont care about amber we only saw her for 5 mins
    needs dwarfs and logs?

real question is where did he get the details?
    And did the autopsy for JaneDoe show blunt trauma consistent with side impact in a car accident as cause of death

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

And yer one in the flat?

Has this been answered?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Episode 3 is an improvement anyway.

Is that you Thaddeus??

• Advertisement

none of the prisoners interviewed had seen her before, 180 days after:rolleyes:
    So no TV, newspapers or internet in the Joy then???

Advertisement