Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber [RTE] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Is it worth my while watching episode 3 on netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,607 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

gg2 wrote: »
    Is it worth my while watching episode 3 on netflix?

I'm on 4 now and it's getting really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I'm on 4 now and it's getting really good.

Is the problem with the show or the mindset of those watching it? :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Is the problem with the show or the mindset of those watching it? :D

Oh no, I'm just being sarcastic. It's pure ****e I just want to know what happens in the end :)

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I just want to know what happens in the end :)

That could turn out to be a problem :eek:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Possibly, we will never know......we will watch this tripe pinning all our hopes on the guy with the yellowing locks and hoping (against the odds, that there will be a twist)

But, let's face it.......no twist shall be had

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

the journalist one said she hadn't seen amber since her christening? yet the mother seems to know her well enough to give her a key to her house, so confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I'd advise watching this all in one go. Makes for much better viewing.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    I'd advise watching this all in one go. Makes for much better viewing.
    Thanks Mardy Bum.....it's so, so, so slow.......
    Am here til Wednesday Mardy Bum! Is it better cos you nodded off for 2 of the episodes? But will stick it out.......

I am not even jealous that you know the ending.....But it must be awful viewing for people whose children have gone missing.

That could turn out to be a problem :eek:

Yeah, ffs. Waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Thanks Mardy Bum.....it's so, so, so slow.......
    Am here til Wednesday Mardy Bum! Is it better cos you nodded off for 2 of the episodes? But will stick it out.......

I am not even jealous that you know the ending.....But it must be awful viewing for people whose children have gone missing.

I have to say it is compulsive when watched all together. The patchy first episode is purposefully patchy. All in all it is a very good show which took an interesting approach to telling the story.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    I have to say it is compulsive when watched all together. The patchy first episode is purposefully patchy. All in all it is a very good show which took an interesting approach to telling the story.

You have convinced me to stick with it! Thanks a mil:D

I wonder what the analyst from the love hate thread makes of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Serious rubbish is all this is

Serious rubbish is all this is

It's crap...but we're all forcing ourselves ourselves to watch! You should be forced too.....new Irish drama -God help us all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It's crap...but we're all forcing ourselves ourselves to watch! You should be forced too.....new Irish drama -God help us all!

You are forcing yourself to watch something you aren't enjoying? What a great life you must lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,157 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I wonder what the analyst from the love hate thread makes of it?

I was wondering exactly that last night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

While I like some of the things they are trying to do I think at this stage in the series it has gotten lost and has consequently lost a lot of it's viewers and a lot of the opportunities to do something good.
    In many ways it suffers from the same faults at writing stage that L/H suffers from: a curious shoehorned view of ourselves (this time as uber cold scandanavian souls superimposed on a beautiful Dublin landscape) that I just don't recognise, sadly. The shifting plot isn't really working either and frankly had an entire episode (last night's) that essentially went nowhere and with the extortionist prisoner now dead, it's on to the next badly drawn cliche. Did the main central protagonists reveal more about themselves and the processes they where going through? I don't think so, so quite a waste of an episode.
    Like L/H, characterisation seems to be a movable feast in Irish television writing (which is curious because you wouldn't get away with that on a Irish stage), the elements that this series claims for itself 'horrifying' 'tender' 'grief' 'tension' and 'menacing' are just not there through a combination of bad writing, directing and acting.
    I like the work of Thaddeus O'Sullivan and Gary Duggan and will stick with this, but I am not expecting it to develop much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Is it possible that the girl in the car crash was the daughter of the woman who was on the radio at the start. Ambers parents were on and some woman rang in saying 'I have complete faith my daughter is alive, just look at Jesse Duggard...' Or something to that effect.

Can't remember how long that girl was missing tho, not sure if dates are similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Happyman42 wrote: »
    In many ways it suffers from the same faults at writing stage that L/H suffers from: a curious shoehorned view of ourselves (this time as uber cold scandanavian souls superimposed on a beautiful Dublin landscape).

Got it in one. Like you, I'll stick with it but only out of spite, at this stage. ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

2nd episode was more exciting than the first.

I don't know why people are so confused. It was novel in how it played with the timeline but made sense. The creepy prisoner was a red herring. He had his own story to tell and told it. But he DID say that he overheard someone in prison talking about Amber (he said it in his suicide note apparently). So there's one avenue for the next episode.

Getting better but still a wooden, unloveable bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Happyman42 wrote: »
    While I like some of the things they are trying to do I think at this stage in the series it has gotten lost and has consequently lost a lot of it's viewers and a lot of the opportunities to do something good.
    In many ways it suffers from the same faults at writing stage that L/H suffers from: a curious shoehorned view of ourselves (this time as uber cold scandanavian souls superimposed on a beautiful Dublin landscape) that I just don't recognise, sadly. The shifting plot isn't really working either and frankly had an entire episode (last night's) that essentially went nowhere and with the extortionist prisoner now dead, it's on to the next badly drawn cliche. Did the main central protagonists reveal more about themselves and the processes they where going through? I don't think so, so quite a waste of an episode.
    Like L/H, characterisation seems to be a movable feast in Irish television writing (which is curious because you wouldn't get away with that on a Irish stage), the elements that this series claims for itself 'horrifying' 'tender' 'grief' 'tension' and 'menacing' are just not there through a combination of bad writing, directing and acting.
    I like the work of Thaddeus O'Sullivan and Gary Duggan and will stick with this, but I am not expecting it to develop much more.
    you're wrong about love hate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

It's difficult to post here and watch a show at the same - I had to watch every Love/Hate episode twice because of this.

Have yet to see the second episode, sounds great!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

yes, the characters in Love/Hate, some esp. Fran are quite cheerful, but in a kind of menacing way. They are kind of loveable even though they are brutal thugs. You kind of feel for them,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Are me and the girlfriend the only ones enjoying this?

A colleague in work told me she is enjoying it.

Originally Posted by Vinz Mesrine:
    Are me and the girlfriend the only ones enjoying this?
    A colleague in work told me she is enjoying it.

Maybe she's the original posters girlfriend? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I hope everyone is ready for Day 1,640,324.....

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I hope everyone is ready for Day 1,640,324.....

:)

Reporting for duty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Grey's anatomy has had more drama in the last ten minutes than two whole episodes of amber!!! I'm fighting the urge not to turn over at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Did he just rob her?

And that would be a yes....

Advertisement