Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber [RTE] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

All the apparent chaos and luck in the show begins to make sense after you hear the story which inspired the series.

For that reason I actually think it is well put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I used to have a lot of respect for Jane Gogan when she decided to commission Love/Hate.
    After seeing this rubbish over the past few nights, I wouldn't give her a job organising piss-ups in a brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'd prefer to set up an office to "Keep Charlie Here"....

Maybe there will be a spin off starring him....

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Tasden wrote: »
    I got the impression he believed it was her. And he just used the journo as an opportunity to get money to give back to them before admitting it. But maybe you're right and he knew.

Yes, but how did he know Amber had glowing mermaids in her bedroom when it hadn't been in the newspaper?

Or maybe I'm missing something, and that something ain't "Amber", it's pretty lame...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

edelweis wrote: »
    Yes, but how did he know Amber had glowing mermaids in her bedroom when it hadn't been in the newspaper?

Or maybe I'm missing something, and that something ain't "Amber", it's pretty lame...

Good point, well made. I'd almost forgotten about that. I was probably falling asleep at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Wife turned off the TV after the phone was dropped into the gutter tonight, I lol'd. Absolute tripe fest. If this is the kind of rubbish the licence fee is going towards then it's high time people stopped paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,607 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Unless the guy from the prison who robbed the phone saw the video before he sold it and mentioned it in prison and he overheard from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    All the apparent chaos and luck in the show begins to make sense after you hear the story which inspired the series.

For that reason I actually think it is well put together.

You're a regular cheering squad for the programme!

Are you connected to the writers???

Tugboats wrote: »
    So far We've had a creepy old man, junkie,and a dodgey chinese phone seller. Its only a matter of time before we have a Pole and a Nigerian taxi driver

Sure wasn't that the British comedian, Omid Djalili, playing the Middle Eastern Mobile Phone shop owner!

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Unless the guy from the prison who robbed the phone saw the video before he sold it and mentioned it in prison and he overheard from him.

oh baby jesus, that's complex, thanks for that though!!

• Advertisement

You're a regular cheering squad for the programme!

Are you connected to the writers???

Nope. My first post rubbished the show. :D

However, i have changed my mind after watching the last 3 episodes in one sitting and hearing
    the back story which made me view the show in a much different light.

Sure wasn't that the British comedian, Omid Djalili, playing the Middle Eastern Mobile Phone shop owner!

I'm playing lookalikes all week! He spoke like him a little bit too I thought!

Charlie is like the man from SVU when he was younger....

and Harry's Monster High Doll comparison is stuck in my head about Amber....

From that point of view, this drama really makes you think.....:rolleyes: :o

I used to have a lot of respect for Jane Gogan when she decided to commission Love/Hate.
    After seeing this rubbish over the past few nights, I wouldn't give her a job organising piss-ups in a brewery.

And did you see the size/length of the credits? Like a Hollywood block buster. Everyone who ever worked in the film industry here seems to have worked on it. They even credited the mini-bus driver and the catering assistant!! All a bit overblown imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Someone in the prison I'm guessing, the journo one was at Charlie's flat before hassling the girlfriend in the second episode i think, so maybe we find out more tomorrow about in prison and the link between that creepy prisoner and the journo and the pics on the phone.

I'm liking it tbh! I know I'm in the minority though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

That was absolute dirge, this show is getting worse and worse. Episode 3 was entirely pointless. All that set up about the mobile phone and it was thrown down the drain! The whole story about Charlie was a complete waste of time. The acting tonight was particularly bad with special mention to Sarah's mother stalking the young fella. Can't believe I've wasted 3 hours of my life watching this and the sad thing is, I'll probably tune in tomorrow to see what happens.

What's the bet that there will be a mighty noise tomorrow night at 10:30 as the nation collectively throws the remote at the telly.

I'm playing lookalikes all week! He spoke like him a little bit too I thought!

Charlie is like the man from SVU when he was younger....

and Harry's Monster High Doll comparison is stuck in my head about Amber....

From that point of view, this drama really makes you think.....:rolleyes: :o

And the hippy phone-robber's son looks like a baby Charlie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Nope. My first post rubbished the show. :D

However, i have changed my mind after watching the last 3 episodes in one sitting and hearing
    the back story which made me view the show in a much different light.

The finished story should be better and make more sense than the real life story. We shouldn't need to know the inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

this drama really makes you think.....:rolleyes: :o

It certainly does ... what am I doing watching this rubbish? There must be other things I should be doing.

Everyone who has invested 3 hours in it already just HAS to watch it tomorrow, and be on this thread, the thread is a hoot!

And the hippy phone-robber's son looks like a baby Charlie ;)

And Charlie's girlfriend looked a bit like Charlie from L/H.....:D

This could go on and on.....

Day 5,000 - The man walking the dog looked like my Uncle Terry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

oh baby jesus, that's complex, thanks for that though!!

Did they not mention he left a note saying he had only heard someone in the prison talking about her. That is why they then interviewed all the prisoners and showed then her photo. Creepy guy knew well it wasn't Amber.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Im enjoying it, feck the lot of ya !!!!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The finished story should be better and make more sense than the real life story. We shouldn't need to know the inspiration.

You are missing the point Happyman. The inspiration is pivotal to the meaning and theme of the show. Both to the content and in the form of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

It's so bad that it makes fair city look like the sopranos.

Acting - sh!te
    Hill st blues camera work - sh!te
    Storyline - sh!te
    annoying rte voiceover lady at the end - my ears are bleeding

You are missing the point Happyman. The inspiration is pivotal to the meaning and theme of the show. Both to the content and in the form of the show.

So you need to know the 'inspiration' to get the meaning??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Maybe Charlie's girlfriend is linked to the guy that stole the phone. Perhaps he's the father of the child and that's how someone in prison heard about the mural.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    So you need to know the 'inspiration' to get the meaning??

Well it becomes self evident to a point eventually to the perceptive viewer but yes it will change your perspective on what the show is trying to achieve with its onion form and chaotic/ convenient scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

What is the inspiration? Very curious now!

Well it becomes self evident to a point eventually to the perceptive viewer but yes it will change your perspective on what the show is trying to achieve with its onion form and chaotic/ convenient scenes.

I don't think I have ever 'had' to know the inspiration of any film, play or TV series to get the meaning of it. Or had my perspective of the artwork 'changed' when I knew what the inspiration was.
    Quite a novel concept alright.

• Advertisement

allym wrote: »
    What is the inspiration? Very curious now!

May ruin show for some so only look if you are very curious.
    Close friend of the writer's went missing. Only footage of him shows him by the sea. He probably committed suicide but they never found a body.

Advertisement