Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber [RTE] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever 'had' to know the inspiration of any film, play or TV series to get the meaning of it. Or had my perspective of the artwork 'changed' when I knew what the inspiration was.
    Quite a novel concept alright.

You will understand by the end then and if you still don't I'll explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Last episode is on US netflix if you can't wait or want to be put out of your misery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Well it becomes self evident to a point eventually to the perceptive viewer but yes it will change your perspective on what the show is trying to achieve with its onion form and chaotic/ convenient scenes.

Onion form TV series.

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

May ruin show for some so only look if you are very curious.
    Close friend of the writer's went missing. Only footage of him shows him by the sea. He probably committed suicide but they never found a body.

Thanks! Interesting, I suppose there's some very obvious links to other cases as well, but then there always is with stories of this type!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

May ruin show for some so only look if you are very curious.
    Close friend of the writer's went missing. Only footage of him shows him by the sea. He probably committed suicide but they never found a body.

That doesn't change my perception one bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Episode 1
    wil wrote: »
    the thick plottens
    Episode 2
    .. The script writers thicken...
    Episode 3
    genericguy wrote: »
    The plot curdles.
    Episode 4
    ncmc wrote: »
    What's the bet that there will be a mighty noise tomorrow night at 10:30 as the nation collectively throws the remote at the telly.
    - The blood curdles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

"Amber alert" - feck I just got it - them writers may be cleverer than you give them credit for.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gary223

- Last episode was all about the weird looking guy in prison - went nowhere. It turned into it's own storyline regarding a different girl.
    - This episode followed the Chinese fella and the phone - went nowhere in the end as well as the phone was thrown down the gutter and poor Charlie was deported.

Terrible writing.

My guess is that it's the dad's business partner who was involved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

gary223 wrote: »
    - Last episode was all about the weird looking guy in prison - went nowhere. It turned into it's own storyline regarding a different girl.
    - This episode followed the Chinese fella and the phone - went nowhere in the end as well as the phone was thrown down the gutter and poor Charlie was deported.

Terrible writing.

My guess is that we won't find out what happened at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

wil wrote: »
    "Amber alert" - feck I just got it - them writers may be cleverer than you give them credit for.;)

I've said that from the start (see posts). If it was intentional I don't think it's clever and think it's in bad taste.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mermaids - daughters of the air?

Surely daughters of the sea?
    Angels/fairies daughters of the air?

Plus are we to believe some fella robs phones and looks through photos and videos to the point of memorising small details which he passes on to creepy fellas in prison???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

amdublin wrote: »
    Mermaids - daughters of the air?

Surely daughters of the sea?
    Angels/fairies daughters of the air?

Plus are we to believe some fella robs phones and looks through photos and videos to the point of memorising small details which he passes on to creepy fellas in prison???

Maybe you've answered it yourself, there could have been a big debate in prison as to whether mermaids are daughters of the sea or of the air ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Surely one of the rare times when an illegal immigrant is discovered, arrested, processed, and deported all within a week. With appeals and re-appeals, it usually takes years.
    Poor ould Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

coolhull wrote: »
    Surely one of the rare times when an illegal immigrant is discovered, arrested, processed, and deported all within a week. With appeals and re-appeals, it usually takes years.
    Poor ould Charlie.

Thought the same - serious artistic license used there ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

You are all in for a treat tonight for episode 4.
    You are not in for a treat tonight for episode four. It's a load of cack. I felt like spraying my eyes with cilit bang after watching it. It's sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Skid X wrote: »
    Did they ever ask the volunteers " Does anyone remember a phone being posted here a few weeks ago?"

Or would that be too much like thinking inside the box?

I thought exactly the same. He could have saved himself loads of time if he had.

Who is the Margaret person anyway?

I think the baddie is the guy on the LUAS with the light coloured raincoat. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I’ve made the monumental decision not to watch tonight. I already have wasted three hours of my life on this rubbish and I am not wasting any more. I read the spoilers on IMDB and lets just say I think I’ve made the right decision! I have the final three episodes of Boardwalk Empire to watch, so I think I am going to binge on that and remind myself what quality television looks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Balaclava1991

What makes no sense is the teenage boy with the dyed hair and the death of the twentysomething girl who died in the creepy dude's car.
    The teenage boy is on her social media, the Gardaí know what he looks like, they only had to look at CCTV in Dublin to find images of the girl meeting him. He is even shown hanging around with his mates outside the apartment complex when the girl's mother is bringing her son home.
    There is no way in hell they would not have tracked him down within the first few days of the disappearance by working back to the computer address he used to communicate with her.
    They would also have the girl's mobile phone number and her mobile company would provide details of all her movements and they would be able to track down the phone location to a few meters.
    The other girl who ended up dead in the creepy dude's car would also have been found quickly.
    She would have had a mobile phone too so the Gardaí would have been able to track the final location of her phone.
    When she went missing the creepy dude would have been a suspect in no time because he left a pub and sat into a car, was in a queue of traffic on a main road which was held up by a Gardaí traffic roadblock and then double back and ended up taking the girl for a lift.
    How did the creepy dude bury the body of his passenger so deep? It would have taken him all night and he would have had to make his way back to the city to get a shovel if he didn't have one in the boot. And how did he get rid of the wrecked car? How did he transport the shovel if he didn't have another car?
    Whoever wrote this series clearly hasn't a clue about basic police work and hasn't a clue about how people leave traces behind them and how to put a logical story together.
    There are enough plot holes to drive a 747 through.
    Did Amber turn into a mermaid or something?

What makes no sense is the teenage boy with the dyed hair and the death of the twentysomething girl who died in the creepy dude's car.
    The teenage boy is on her social media, the Gardaí know what he looks like, they only had to look at CCTV in Dublin to find images of the girl meeting him. He is even shown hanging around with his mates outside the apartment complex when the girl's mother is bringing her son home.
    There is no way in hell they would not have tracked him down within the first few days of the disappearance by working back to the computer address he used to communicate with her.
    They would also have the girl's mobile phone number and her mobile company would provide details of all her movements and they would be able to track down the phone location to a few meters.
    The other girl who ended up dead in the creepy dude's car would also have been found quickly.
    She would have had a mobile phone too so the Gardaí would have been able to track the final location of her phone.
    When she went missing the creepy dude would have been a suspect in no time because he left a pub and sat into a car, was in a queue of traffic on a main road which was held up by a Gardaí traffic roadblock and then double back and ended up taking the girl for a lift.
    How did the creepy dude bury the body of his passenger so deep? It would have taken him all night and he would have had to make his way back to the city to get a shovel if he didn't have one in the boot. And how did he get rid of the wrecked car? How did he transport the shovel if he didn't have another car?
    Whoever wrote this series clearly hasn't a clue about basic police work and hasn't a clue about how people leave traces behind them and how to put a logical story together.
    There are enough plot holes to drive a 747 through.
    Did Amber turn into a mermaid or something?

You seem to be a bit of an expert on the logistics of killing someone @Balaclavaaaahhhhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

it's like they took an average linear story....

and told cynical lies in each episode to throw you away from the plot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

oh yeah and next time you see a garda checkpoint....drive up real close and do a ridiculous 3 point turn into a dead end and see how far you get...

also did the journo think the gardai were going to arrest the guy that was already in jail?? would have saved her a few quid if she let them set up a sting.

"MY DEAD MOTHERS RING" (as in jewelery )

do people say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

BKWDR wrote: »
    You seem to be a bit of an expert on the logistics of killing someone @Balaclavaaaahhhhh...

Maybe you should have been a consultant on the programme.
    I hear consultants are good money these days:-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

"MY DEAD MOTHERS RING" (as in jewelery )

do people say that?

Me dead granny's arse they do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

gary223 wrote: »
    -

You might be right, after all, himself, (Declan I think) and the journo (Maeve) are creeping around - sheer terrified in case they get caught - behind Ben's back, ...because if Ben EVER found out…..

Lordy. What's all that about????? Are they brother and sister or what?

Whatever it is, it must be majorly taboo, the mind boggles….!!!!

I must care less!!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

also did the journo think the gardai were going to arrest the guy that was already in jail???

I know, she was truly gutted to find out that the creepy jailbird had been in jail when Amber went missing… come on, if you had access to criminal files on-line like she does, isn't that the first thing you'd check before visiting him and gifting him 5k and then another 5k?

No wonder her evil editor has her covering makeup and dress launches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

An alien abduction twist is the only thing that can save this show for me now.

I'll stand and applaud if the closing scene sees Amber being dragged aboard a flying saucer.

We should FOI Rte to find out how much Eric Lalor was paid for his extensive role...

WHY WAS HIS CHARACTER EVEN NECESSARY OMFG I CAN'T BREATHE

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nidgeboy

and we all thought last season of love/hate was bad...christ id watch it 100 times over this crap .......anyway WTF happened to amber??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Just watched the final episode online. It gets even more mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

nidgeboy wrote: »
    WTF happened to amber??

Well...
    We don't find out, the last episode goes off in another big lead that, as usual, turns out to be a dead end. Save your time and watch the walls dry outside instead!

Advertisement