Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber [RTE] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

This reminds me of Deception from last year, only not as fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm not sure about the last hour of my life after watching this.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

We got to Day 191.

Just when I was guessing the next day would be 218, we go back to Day 1. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The story has holes in it....on the spur of the moment she manages to persuade her dad to let her go to her friends instead of nanas but she instead goes off to town....and then on to loughlinstown....

Makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah FFS, Twitter and FB - really? Trying to make it real life or something? that's trying just a bit TOO hard.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"Where did Amber go?"

Who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Social media is completely pointless for a show that aired over a year ago. It just takes one muppet to ruin it for everyone.

Slow clap, RTE.

Even their spoilers for next episode included one from tonight :mad:

Really very poor.

But I'll still tune in next time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

wait .. this has already been aired before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Well, I'm lost but I'll definitely watch tomorrow. I'm sorta curious now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

from IMBD. I whitened it in case some dont want to know.

As the days, months and years progress the mystery deepens, and strange and terrifying clues come to light, raising yet even more questions. The world becomes gripped by the mystery of the missing teen. What happened to Amber?

Amber is tender, touching, and unflinchingly horrifying in equal measure. The storytelling is innovative in that it tackles the story of a teenager gone missing from many perspectives and over a non-linear time period. Each episode focuses on one particular character or set of characters, broadening out as the series continues, finally revealing how this one persons disappearance has an impact far greater than anyone could imagine.

from imbd

Nah. 3 more hours? nah

this is Ireland's 'lost'.

aint going there.

amdublin wrote: »
    The story has holes in it....on the spur of the moment she manages to persuade her dad to let her go to her friends instead of nanas but she instead goes off to town....and then on to loughlinstown....

Makes no sense

Lahaunstown.... try to pay attention :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 1630

Sam Mac wrote: »

On us Netflix it got hit and miss reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭cython

Sam Mac wrote: »

Seemingly, in other countries, and as mentioned it's available on Netflix in other territories such as the US

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

How many days will we get to before Amber's mother appears on Liveline with Joe doing his best to make her cry on air ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

The dialogue is sorely lacking. The one line from the first trailer is horrendously shoe horned in as well. It is all filler. It can only improve.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    The dialogue is sorely lacking. The one line from the first trailer is horrendously shoe horned in as well. It is all filler. It can only improve.

Are you sure? I'd have my doubts!

I bet all the detractors will be back here tomorrow night, bitching and moaning again. Mark my words. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Hopefully it improves tomorrow night, didn't really know what to think of it. The only thing that stood out for me was the days counter which got annoying.

can someone who has seen it, PM me a full spoiler please?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

I'm posting here in spite of the nice rte lady suggesting I should do so on facebook and/or twitter. I started watching this with about 15 minutes to go. I have no real idea what's going on except that a teenage daughter has gone missing.

Bar that it strikes me like a story about the sort of people who never have to think about putting the bins out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Mr E wrote: »
    I bet all the detractors will be back here tomorrow night, bitching and moaning again. Mark my words. :)

Oh God yeah.

I have to know now.....:)

That friend knows where she went......;)

Skid X wrote: »
    The characters are rather cold and clinical, I suppose that's the trend these days, with all the Scandinavian drama.
    Yeah, that's what it reminded me of.

Thing is, they (the Swedes) have the landscape for it.

Problem with this is that it's dragging out a one line story - for commercial reasons.

The acting/directing etc is fine, but it's way to empty to justify the delay in story telling.

ArtSmart wrote: »

Thanks

In the time it took you to type that, you could have googled it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Outsidethebox

Thanks

Me too please.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Not me.

Not after reading the imbd synopsis. definitely not. I would have watched the first 2-5 mins, but when I realised what they were doing, that would be it.

In the time it took you to type that, you could have googled it. :)
    I did google it Ed.

only found the imbd bit. which said 'full plot not available '

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Not me.

Not after reading the imbd synopsis. definitely not. I would have watched the first 2-5 mins, but when I realised what they were doing, that would be it.

Yep, having looked up IMBD, and seen comments in the 'discuss' section, I am not impressed at all.

(I looked up IMBD after watching the first episode just now, which I thought was worth watching).

OMFG.

found more info on Yahoo answers. i have whitened my response below.

Shocking.

absolutely unforgivable

I knew my instincts were right - in my comparison to LOST.

nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Well, I won't be taking my opinions to twitter. As an RTE drama, it was all right - but no more than that. Deeply unsympathetic family, something horrible happens to them, they become even more unpleasant.
    For the first episode, they should really have spent more time bedding down the characters. The action kept leaping in unuts of weeks - stopping just to let us witness a phone call, say.
    I'll be tuning in tmw night but only because I'm expecting to have my mind blown by an amazing plot twist on Wed night...

Advertisement