Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber [RTE] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

lac007 wrote: »
    The actress playing the Mother is terrible, Fair city type actress.

Ah jaysis she's not as bad as that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Does anyone have any idea why it is taking RTÉ so long to broadcast it, even though they funded it?
    Maybe they were waiting for the missing last episode to show up?

Watched it on Netflix and actually checked to make sure I had watched the whole thing because it certainly didn't feel like I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

amdublin wrote: »
    Ah jaysis she's not as bad as that!

OK not that bad.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Watched this last night and won't be tuning in again, pure ****e as expected. I don't care about any of the characters at all, every single one is unlikeable. I single out the actor playing the father especially because he seems to have gone to the Steven Seagal school of acting (no emotion at all and delivering every line like he's in an action movie rather than the parent of a missing child).

There's also the thing of the prison cell guy which just seems lazily ****ed in to the script to attempt some mystery when a straightforward story could be told from the disapearance alone.

Terrible stuff and sadly 60 minutes of life I won't get back but will not be wasting another 180 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I've watched all 4 eps this morning. I now know who did and did not do what - if indeed anything was did or done or whatnot.

Now that you're all clear on that - it is no better or worse acting or plotwise than some of the serials churned out by BBC / ITV etc. It doesn't have subtitles so obviously it won't attract the intelligentsia. I found it a quite interesting morning watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Started watching the first episode tonight, turned off after twenty minutes. How am I supposed to care about this girl after only 5 (obnoxious) minutes of onscreen presence. Also the direction and acting was pretty poor. Why was the superintendent being a dick and I seriously doubt a superintendent would attend the first day's house search.

Also, who in Ireland calls the Gards "the police"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

FunLover18 wrote: »

Also, who in Ireland calls the Gards "the police"

Me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Tasden wrote: »
    Me :o

Seriously? I've genuinely never heard anyone call them that which is why it stuck out for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

These shows are made with foreign audiences in mind so the dialogue is always suspect.

Worst things that stuck out to me.. The names - Amber, Dee Dee, BEN????

Also the phone callls from Sergeant Karen Mulcahy were very cringe.. Reminded me of CSI or something, just done very very badly. Most of the Gardai were awful too.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Seriously? I've genuinely never heard anyone call them that which is why it stuck out for me

Yep, never called them the gards really. But people always ask me if I'm from Poland or else (not as often) america based on an accent I seem to have, so maybe its cause I use different words too!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

All set for part 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

These shows are made with foreign audiences in mind so the dialogue is always suspect.

Worst things that stuck out to me.. The names - Amber, Dee Dee, BEN????

Ben is fine for me.

But Amber* is just completely wrong IMO...its not your standard irish name google amber alerts usa...
    Dee Dee????
    Sherry/Cherry/Terry??

*Another poster suggested Emma would've been better and I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 29,157 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ben is fine for me.

But Amber* is just completely wrong IMO...its not your standard irish name google amber alerts usa...
    Dee Dee????
    Sherry/Cherry/Terry??

*Another poster suggested Emma would've been better and I agree

Emma just suggests bog-roll to me now.... that ad has ruined the name for me forever :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Amber's Dad seemed far more excited about Terminal 2 in Dublin Airport than he did about his Daughter's disappearance last night.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Emma just suggests bog-roll to me now.... that ad has ruined the name for me forever :mad:

I don't get it?! :o

Is there a toilet roll with a similar name or something?!

This one is up to something!

I don't get it?! :o

Is there a toilet roll with a similar name or something?!

You know ... Emma! Emma! ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's getting like a Glenroe reunion now. Poor ould Chuck has lost all his hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Skid X wrote: »
    You know ... Emma! Emma! ...

:D

It's Eeemmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaa Skid......:P

Creepy prisoner....check
    Cut throat journalist friend....check
    Ruthless editor.....check
    Schnakey employee.....check

• Advertisement

Chuck!!! That's who he is!!

Who's Charlie? and that girl in the flat?

:confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Chuck!!! That's who he is!!

Who's Charlie? and that girl in the flat?

:confused:

I'm lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm feeling older as the days go by....

Skid X wrote: »
    You know ... Emma! Emma!
    :D

It's Eeemmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaa Skid......:P

Aaaghhhhhh!!!

I hate that ad.

Immmmmmaaaaaaaaaaa!

That guy gets to drive his jeep practically in the door of everywhere he goes - the ex's apartment block, the school.....

VERY odd child that brother.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Tasden wrote: »
    I'm lost!

I know, right? How have they helped the Baileys?

You could cut and paste parts of this into TV3's 'Deception' from last year.

They both have unlikeable characters, nonsensical dialogue, confusing plots and lots of people from other Irish programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Something about the guy walking the dog past the father. I think he's the guy who toojk amber. See the way he looked at the father

Creepy prisoner....check
    Cut throat journalist friend....check
    Ruthless editor.....check
    Schnakey employee.....check

Weird little brother.....check
    Aloof father.....check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Amber brother is an annoying little boll*x, isn't he?

Advertisement