Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls about my windows

Options
  • 20-11-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,

I've had a few calls about my windows, normally only a few digits come up with the number so I assume they've call of VOIP or something but this morning I got a call from one of the numbers, I did the normal thing of making the guy jump through a few hoops and generally waste his time before hanging up. A few moments later I got another call, this time from a 0051 number, I could clearly hear the guy laughing in the background.

Is there anything that can be done about these calls? Can the second number be blocked from calling Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi midlouth,

We are aware of these calls and i can confirm they are fraudulent calls and Unfortunately eircom cannot do anything to block these numbers calling. Please do not give these people calling any of your information and the best thing to do is ignore this number calling you and they usually stop calling.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Hi midlouth,

We are aware of these calls and i can confirm they are fraudulent calls and Unfortunately eircom cannot do anything to block these numbers calling. Please do not give these people calling any of your information and the best thing to do is ignore this number calling you and they usually stop calling.

Regards

Al

Thanks for the reply Alan. So just to clarify even if I can give you the full number you cannot block?

Don't worry I don't give them any info, just a hard time! 😄 I told the guy this morning my windows weren't on the Internet and tried to sound as flustered as I could about the virus that was on it according to him, then I had a long conversation about where he got my number, then I asked him was he having a laugh, he completely denied this! I'm going to tell him a few long winded far fetched stories the next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi midlouth

Yes that’s correct, unfortunately we cannot block this number from calling you.

Regards

Al

Advertisement