Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attachment not allowed?

Options
  • 20-11-2012 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I mostly use boards.ie from my Samsung Galaxy S3.

All has been super up until a few weeks ago, but now I am unable to avail of the attachment feature when I want to post an jpg, gif etc....from my gallery.

As I say all was perfect but when I now click on attachment icon I get the window but the choose file button does nothing.

Not sure if it's a problem on your end but all changed when one of ye spent the Sunday morning changing codes or something not so long ago.

I do apologize if it's nothing on your end.

I use jellybean version android browser.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Do you mean attachments aren't working on touch.boards.ie or on the main site?

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Hi Danny,

I always use the main site. Should of said that sorry.

Hey,

I think this may be specific to your phone. Ciaran just tested uploading from his gallery on his S3 and it worked fine. There's been no real changes to the attachments in the main site in the last number of weeks. Can I ask you to try refreshing your cache or maybe testing attachments from the touch site?

Danny

No joy. I cleared cache, logged out, restarted phone and still unable. I'm also now writing this post in touch site mode and still cannot add anything from my gallery when I click on Add photo.

Ah something must be wrong my end if ye have an S3 that is having no problem.

Thanks for looking at it anyway. I'll just continue to pull out what little hair I have left.

Try swapping out your browser to Google Chrome or Dolphin HD and see if you can at least narrow it down to an app that's giving you problems. Unfortunately that's the best we can do. I'll leave this open in case any more S3 owners want to chip in and say it works (or doesn't) for them.

Danny

• Advertisement

229471.png

Ok got this uploaded from my gallery in Dolphin browser.

It is a screen shot of the window showing attachment.
    This is the one from android browser that would not respond when I tried to click choose file.

Oh wish it worked in original Browser not liking this dolphin one.

You mention an app could be stopping me from the action.
    Interesting

Thanks again for the help.

Edit
    Just did a factory reset and still no joy. I'm baffled.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement