Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotary Washing Line

• 20-11-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭

My rented house has a rotary washing line that has been cemented into a tyre.

Is there a way of replacing just the cord as its broken in places and clearly needs to be replaced or do I need to replace the whole lot?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

You can buy replacement cord and re-string the airer, but I'd recommend you take a few digital photos of the old arrangement before starting and it is a tedious enough job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Get some idea of the length of cord required, then add 50%, and don't be afraid to tie two lengths together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,630 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Look very carefully at the frame and see if it is getting rusty, in which case you are wasting your time. I have finally given up on rotary lines as they need to be cemented in, then the lump of cement has to be disposed of and a new one put in place when - inevitably - the line gives up the ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nowwerehurlin

Would it not.make sense just to set a stainless.tube in concrete.with nut welded onto the outside through which you can tighten a bolt. Slide the main pole into tthis tube and tighten the bolt. That way its just the line that needs to be replaced and not the concrete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thanks for the info. I was trying to sort it myself but I think the easiest option is to ring the landlord and get him to sort it! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement