Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Home Hub Wifi

Options
  • 20-11-2012 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I have moved to Imagine for my broadband and phone as Eircom phoneline is damaged and they want a stupid amount to fix it.

I live across the road from the Imagine Transmitter so they gave me the indoor hub. This only has G Wifi but I would like N around my house. Whats the best way for me to do this? I already have a N Wifi Extender that I use with my current network as the Wifi didn't reach all of my house. Is there a way to use either a different modem or router with the Imagine unit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Just in case anyone is in the same situation as me.

What I did was turn off the wifi on the Wimax hub and connect it via cable to an access point. I got this one. I then set up the wifi on the access point and got far far better coverage and speed plus lower ping times.

Advertisement