Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4s keeps turning itself off

• 20-11-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

HI,

Ive had my 4s for a year now and from day one it has a habit of going dead once a day, at least. I have to restart it by pressing home button and lock button for 10 seconds and it comes back on straight away but doesn't come back on on its own. This is a problem when my alarm clock doesn't go off in the morning!

I complained to Vodafone a few weeks before xmas last year and they told me to send it away but I wouldn't have my phone for xmas, so I chose to wait til after, but then low and behold I smashed the screen and had to have it repaired locally therefore probably loosing my guarantee.

I have it a year now and its getting worse, turns off maybe 3 times a day. Anyone know why or how i could stop this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you tried restoring it in iTunes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

My iphone 4s also does this but it only happens when I put the phone into standby/lockscreen.
    When I try to unlock it a few minutes later it has powered off already.
    I set the screen timeout to 'never' and the phone doesn't power off and will stay on till battery runs out.
    Happens all the the time so I have to leave the homescreen on all the time which is a pain as it runs the battery down very quickly and when left in my pocket can call people at random and open apps as the screen is always active if you know what I mean?
    Only powers off on its own in standby

I restored the phone and set it up as a new phone etc etc and nothing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Yeah me too... restoring does nothing. Its really bad today, shutting down every half an hour. Might just contact vodafone and see if they will fix it somehow. The battery is also running down more than usual, maybe thats becaus eof all the restarts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You have about two years after the purchase of the phone to get it fixed if the problem has been there since day one. Pity you smashed the phone and got it repaired by a dodgy place though. That'll probably be their excuse to why that has been happening. Keep quiet about the replacement and they may not notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

didnt get it repaired in a dodgy place... DID electrical! Isnt that what everyone does? Surely apple or vodafone dont fix smashed screens and ya still keep you warrantee!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement