Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Devi wrote: »
    Congrats on the house and the wedding!

I signed the contracts last week and it had a closing date of Nov 4th on it, not looking likely now, my solicitor wasn't happy with something. Hopefully its before Christmas though, up to my eyes after. The electricity is off in mine too but its off longer than too years, €1800 for a reconnection plus have to get certified as well, let me know how much your electrician charges you, just get an idea.

79 to the esb plus 160 to electrician. Just made it in under the two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

bucky08 wrote: »
    70 euro must not be much of a check as i am electrician i would have charged 150 for this service so bite his hand off roughly 3hours of labour in this service

Yea I thought 70 was a very good price, would have expected to pay more.

adam88 wrote: »
    79 to the esb plus 160 to electrician. Just made it in under the two years

Lucky you. Some jump though isnt it 79 - 1800, its not as if the have to do any work just flick a switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

We are meeting the solicitor tomorrow to sign the deed of transfer. Is there much more to go after that? This whole house buying thing has lost its gloss with me, it seems never ending. Sale agreed since end of April/start of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    We are meeting the solicitor tomorrow to sign the deed of transfer. Is there much more to go after that? This whole house buying thing has lost its gloss with me, it seems never ending. Sale agreed since end of April/start of May.
    Er sale agreed since mid february....
    I wouldnt think so probably be done and dusted in 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 7vens

Same situation guys. Now entering my 6th month. Seller has yet to sign contracts. It has been one big mess from the start. Hoping to have everything sorted within the next 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HouseHunter13

sale agreed mid june, don't feel so bad now

Contracts signed over a month ago.

Deed of transfer signed yesterday evening. Solicitor says the house is ours.

Such an anti-climax though. It's a house which we have been renting the last few years so there's no excitement of receiving keys or moving. The house still looked the same when we got home last night! :rolleyes:

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Deed of transfer signed yesterday evening. Solicitor says the house is ours.

Such an anti-climax though. It's a house which we have been renting the last few years so there's no excitement of receiving keys or moving. The house still looked the same when we got home last night! :rolleyes:

Ah sure at least it's all done and dusted. I have no patience for this house buying stuff at all, sale agreed dice August, only got the contracts two weeks ago, solicitor sees a problem with the contracts and contacts the vendors solicitor, waiting two weeks now for a reply. It's just the up and down that gets me, ye think your getting somewhere then the whole thing just stops dead for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Number_05

I'm looking at a new house in a new development in north co. Dublin. Is there generally much leeway in the advertised prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

thomahon wrote: »
    I'm looking at a new house in a new development in north co. Dublin. Is there generally much leeway in the advertised prices?

I'd say around Balbriggan there would be but that's just guessing. Have u spoken with agent ? Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Molly1983

thomahon wrote: »

We recently bought a house in a new development in north co Dublin and there was no negotiation on the price. I will send you a pm to see if it's in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

Hi, long time reader of this thread since 2012 and very grateful for all info and now very interested in a house but there's an issue.

The house is built 6 years with an enurement clause that says it can't be sold till july2014. Estate agent says the vendor can apply to have this lifted if they're case and ours is satisfactory. My wife is from area so this meets one of conditions as I understand it.

However now estate agent says a couple interested in house now are applying to have enurement clause transferred to them?

Does anyone have any experience of enurement clauses? Curious about this possible transfer of clause, as agent only mentioned this after second viewing and knows I'm interested. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭flintash

Jesus!! nobodys bying houses this year?!:eek: not like last year :D
    I was in the bank today.... to me it looked like they are dying to get my business... and its not like million dollars mortgagde i was looking for... FTB myself, by the way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

flintash wrote: »
    I was in the bank today.... to me it looked like they are dying to get my business... and its not like million dollars mortgagde i was looking for... FTB myself, by the way ;)

Wasn't BOI by any chance??

Pushing those billions into market ? :D
    No, It wasnt irish governed bank.
    Hows bussiness on your side, Killers? Quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

That's good at least they entertained you. Will they offer you one is the next question.

Why would they fool people around then? have nothing else to do? or just make up numbers for motgage aprovals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

killers1 wrote: »
    Wasn't BOI by any chance??

I called BOI to re-activate my last years mortgage approval and they were only too happy to get me in to talk to them

• Advertisement

lima wrote: »
    I called BOI to re-activate my last years mortgage approval and they were only too happy to get me in to talk to them

At their prices I'm not really surprised...

Pushing those billions into market ? :D
    No, It wasnt irish governed bank.
    Hows bussiness on your side, Killers? Quiet?

Busy, thankfully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Not much out there to buy... Tumbleweed! We just got our offer rejected - the seller wants 40k more than what the other half of the semi sold for before the summer, even though the other half had a conservatory, a shed, timber floors and a new kitchen. That's quite a rise if we're talking about 200k+ houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

mhge wrote: »
    Not much out there to buy... Tumbleweed! We just got our offer rejected - the seller wants 40k more than what the other half of the semi sold for before the summer, even though the other half had a conservatory, a shed, timber floors and a new kitchen. That's quite a rise if we're talking about 200k+ houses.

Yeah I'm starting o see 300k apartments!!

Fingers crossed this madness will end

Fingers crossed madness wont move down the country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

lima wrote: »
    Yeah I'm starting o see 300k apartments!!

Fingers crossed this madness will end

It'll only stop when people stop offering the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭khards

Same experience here - your not in Galway are you...

There is __NOTHING__ selling here, well very little compared to last year where people were rushing in and out bidding each other.

Had the assistant bank manager email last week and ask if we had bought yet - they must be desperate for a bit of business.

Funnily enough we have better things to spend our cash on the moment than an illiquid deprecating asset such as a house.

Getting a new(ish) car next month and off to Sharm El Sheik for two weeks on Wednesday - Hard life being a renter.

Wonder how much the landlords property tax is? Just had the well pump and immersion heater replaced to.

At lease prices in Co.Galway are still falling, feel a little sorry for those who got suckered in last year. I am sure they can justify it to themselves and find 2/3 examples of houses in different areas like theirs that are advertised for more. :pac::pac::pac:

I'm from Cork. Well, seems like there was the rush at the start of the year alright... for a certain places... like SCD in big city.... hard to tell now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

khards wrote: »
    At lease prices in Co.Galway are still falling, feel a little sorry for those who got suckered in last year. I am sure they can justify it to themselves and find 2/3 examples of houses in different areas like theirs that are advertised for more. :pac::pac::pac:

khards, Do you reckon prices will continue to fall in Galway county or are they near/at the bottom , we're keeping an eye on that neck of the woods too ;)
    Had a similar experience recently with a bank enquiring if we would be moving on the mortgage approval they gave us some months ago !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Well lads ye all well bought a doer upper back in June for 40 k. Four bedrooms sitting room dining room and kitchen plus utility. 3/4 acre site very central in kerry. Few miles outside Tralee in a big and growing village. Anyway I got a small bank loan and a credit union loan to buy it. My heart is broken from trying to get a mortgage from the bank. They all make it seem so hard. I'm in the public service and permanent.
    Got the house valued last week with the proposed works included in the valuation valuation is 130. I'll be putting in 60k worth of work.
    At the moment credit union is only crowd willing to take on the loans and give me the money to do up house but it comes at a price 5.5%.

Am I mad to go along with this. I'd be well able to afford the repayments.

Advertisement