Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile billpay commencement date

Options
  • 20-11-2012 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I just ordered a new sim and new contrat with emobile last night.
    I noticed some info in the order confirmation (that was very hard to find before making the order)...
    Please note you will be billed for your monthly plan once your phone or sim has been posted out to you.

This doesn't seem / read right?

Surely billing should only start once you activate the sim?

And the way that reads, the billing starts when emobile send the sim card out... sure it could take a week arrive through the post???

Am I reading this wrong, are are emobile pulling a very sneaky one?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Closov wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just ordered a new sim and new contrat with emobile last night.
    I noticed some info in the order confirmation (that was very hard to find before making the order)...

This doesn't seem / read right?

Surely billing should only start once you activate the sim?

And the way that reads, the billing starts when emobile send the sim card out... sure it could take a week arrive through the post???

Am I reading this wrong, are are emobile pulling a very sneaky one?

Hi Closov,

Your sim card is only activated once the sim card is dispatched to you. It is set to activate on the date you receive the phone.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Gráinne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Closov

Hi Closov,

Your sim card is only activated once the sim card is dispatched to you. It is set to activate on the date you receive the phone.

Gráinne

Thanks Gráinne.... But that doesn't really clarify it for me.

I haven't ordered a phone - just a SIM card.

Can you tell me when it will be activated, and when exactly (whether that be a relative date) my first billing period will commence.

Also, can you tell me the terms for 30 day contracts?
    Is renewal automatic every 30 days until I give notice to terminate?
    Are they subject 30 days notice?

Thanks Gráinne.... But that doesn't really clarify it for me.

I haven't ordered a phone - just a SIM card.

Can you tell me when it will be activated, and when exactly (whether that be a relative date) my first billing period will commence.

Also, can you tell me the terms for 30 day contracts?
    Is renewal automatic every 30 days until I give notice to terminate?
    Are they subject 30 days notice?

Hi Closov,

My mistake when your sim card is sent out to you the SIM is then activated the next day when you are due to receive it. You can view the details of the Terms and Conditions of the contracts here: http://www.emobile.ie/terms/

For a 30 day contract the plan will renew month by month until you request your account to be cancelled. You are required to give 30 days notice to cancel your account.

Gráinne

Thanks Gráinne, yeah I did find the T&Cs page... obfuscation is a word that comes to mind... better to ask you here and get a straight answer :)

Ok, I have to take issue with the 30 day cancellation.

On this page:
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=96&plan=billPay

it says this:
    Great way to try eMobile out - select a SIM card only and after 30 days you can leave without any penalties!

Since the sim card is activated before I might have even received it, I would more likely be looking at 60 days. It is deliberatly misleading.

Can I cancel before the first 7 days are up, if the service is not up to snuff?
    This would be hard since, eMobile might not even send the SIM out for 5 days after placing an order, deliberate overlap here?

Why not just fix this stuff up and present the information clearly to new customers before they make a decision? It leaves a really bad taste to find this stuff out from an email after placing an order. and why not send the SIM out the next day, like every other mobile operator?

Thanks

Thanks Gráinne, yeah I did find the T&Cs page... obfuscation is a word that comes to mind... better to ask you here and get a straight answer :)

Ok, I have to take issue with the 30 day cancellation.

On this page:
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=96&plan=billPay

it says this:

Since the sim card is activated before I might have even received it, I would more likely be looking at 60 days. It is deliberatly misleading.

Can I cancel before the first 7 days are up, if the service is not up to snuff?
    This would be hard since, eMobile might not even send the SIM out for 5 days after placing an order, deliberate overlap here?

Why not just fix this stuff up and present the information clearly to new customers before they make a decision? It leaves a really bad taste to find this stuff out from an email after placing an order. and why not send the SIM out the next day, like every other mobile operator?

Thanks

Hi Closov,

If you Pm your order number name address you placed with your order I will be able advise of the exact date that your SIM card will be activated.

The phone will only activate on the date that you receive the SIM card.

As you ordered your SIM online there is a 7 day cooling off period where by you can cancel your account without incurring any penalties.

Gráinne

• Advertisement

Hi Closov,

If you Pm your order number name address you placed with your order I will be able advise of the exact date that your SIM card will be activated.

The phone will only activate on the date that you receive the SIM card.

As you ordered your SIM online there is a 7 day cooling off period where by you can cancel your account without incurring any penalties.

Gráinne
    Thanks Gráinne, yeah I'm not happy with that, I'm going to cancel both orders now.

Can you advise on how to go about that, please?

Thanks Gráinne, yeah I'm not happy with that, I'm going to cancel both orders now.

Can you advise on how to go about that, please?

Sorry to hear you are not happy with this Closov,

I will be able get the orders cancelled for you here. Just PM the order number and name and address you placed with the order and I will request this for you.

Gráinne

Sorry to hear you are not happy with this Closov,

I will be able get the orders cancelled for you here. Just PM the order number and name and address you placed with the order and I will request this for you.

Gráinne

Done, please ensure cancellation confirmations are sent to both accounts with the details provided during ordering.

Thanks again

Done, please ensure cancellation confirmations are sent to both accounts with the details provided during ordering.

Thanks again

Hi Closov,

I have received your PM. I will process your request now for you.

Gráinne

Closov wrote:

Hi Closov,

Both orders were dispatched to you yesterday. I can see that one order has been received and the second order is currently out for delivery. If you wish I can organise for these orders to be cancelled for you.

Gráinne

I asked you to cancel them yesterday, and have not changed my mind, I assure you.

Nothing has been received at my house, your information is wrong.
    Closov wrote:

My apologies Closov,
    Both orders have been received by the dispatch company DPD.

As I did not get your request until this morning it was not possible for me to request your order to be cancelled.

If you do not accept the order when they are delivered they will be sent back to our dispatch company and your order will be cancelled.

Alternatively if you contact DPD directly the track and trace number for both orders are
    and

Grainne

No bother Gráinne.

And I understand you only seen the request to cancel today, but don't see that as having any material effect.

The person in the house was already under instruction to actively refuse delivery.

But I do not wish for this to be the mechanism by which the orders are cancelled. you have already told me you will cancel the order and I have confirmed that I wish you to do so.

I want this oredered cancell so as to ensure there is no ambiguity and that no charges are accidentally made.

As this conversation contains no personal information, I will cross-post it to the public boards, because that is where it belongs. Unless you have any objection?
    Hi Closov,

I have no objection to you posting this on the page. I have sent a request to DPD to return your order to sender.

Once I get confirmation of this I will post this on your original thread.

Grainne

Thanks again, Gráinne

• Advertisement

Thanks again, Gráinne

Hi Closov,

I have just got confirmation from DPD this order has now been returned to our dispatch company. Once I get confirmation that this order has been cancelled I will advise you here.

Grainne

Thanks Gráinne,

I would still request that confirmation of cancellation will also be sent to both orders using the original contact details.

And if possible, can you also confirm that no charges to either bank account will be made.

Thanks Gráinne,

I would still request that confirmation of cancellation will also be sent to both orders using the original contact details.

And if possible, can you also confirm that no charges to either bank account will be made.

No problem Closov,

Yes that is no problem I will send the confirmation of cancellation to the original contact details.

Once I get an update I will advise.

Gráinne

Gráinne, still no confirmation from you, and today I get 2 bills in the post.
    I will be making a complaint to the regulator if this is not fixed properly and absolutely by the end of the week.
    If there's any attempt to take money from my account via direct debit, I will take it further.

Gráinne, still no confirmation from you, and today I get 2 bills in the post.
    I will be making a complaint to the regulator if this is not fixed properly and absolutely by the end of the week.
    If there's any attempt to take money from my account via direct debit, I will take it further.

Hi Closov,

I have escalated this onto the cancellation team. As soon as I get confirmation that your order has been cancelled I will let you know.

You can disregard the two bills you received.

Grainne

Hi Closov,

I have escalated this onto the cancellation team. As soon as I get confirmation that your order has been cancelled I will let you know.

You can disregard the two bills you received.

Grainne
    Hi Gráinne, any progress?

Hi Closov,

As the order for the both accounts was received it will only be possible to cancel the account if you return everything that you received with your order back. This was delivered on the 26th November.

Grainne

Grainne,
    What are you doing sending me PMs again?

Again, NOTHING was recieved by anyone at my address. DPD dropped off envelopes which remain unopened. They were unsigned for. I will not send them back. If you want them, send out your couriers again. Let me make this very clear: nothing was recieved by us, nothing was signed for.

eMobile / You have messed up at every single turn. Just fix it. Cancel the account. All issues or errors are on your side, and I will not entertain any more of your nonsense.

Grainne,
    What are you doing sending me PMs again?

Again, NOTHING was recieved by anyone at my address. DPD dropped off envelopes which remain unopened. They were unsigned for. I will not send them back. If you want them, send out your couriers again. Let me make this very clear: nothing was recieved by us, nothing was signed for.

eMobile / You have messed up at every single turn. Just fix it. Cancel the account. All issues or errors are on your side, and I will not entertain any more of your nonsense.

Hi Closov,

I have escalated this back onto DPD to get confirmation of where your order is.

As soon as I get an update I will let you know.

Grainne

Grainne, I'm telling where my order is, it is cancelled.

Cancelled right here on this thread.
    By you and me.
    On the 22nd of November 2012
    Within the 7 day cooling off period.

Any further mix up after that is eMobile's problem, and eMobile trying to lump their problems onto me is becoming a harrassment.

Grainne, I'm telling where my order is, it is cancelled.

Cancelled right here on this thread.
    By you and me.
    On the 22nd of November 2012
    Within the 7 day cooling off period.

Any further mix up after that is eMobile's problem, and eMobile trying to lump their problems onto me is becoming a harrassment.

Hi Closov,

DPD have responded to me in regard to your order. The driver has advised that the orders were delivered to a neighbour by the name of o Brien this is the reason why your order was not cancelled.

Could you check with this neighbour if they have received them.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi Closov,

I have just got confirmation from DPD this order has now been returned to our dispatch company. Once I get confirmation that this order has been cancelled I will advise you here.

Grainne

If the order was not cancelled it is because you failed to do so, when you had already agreed to and indicated you had.

I have already told you I have 2 unopened envelopes right here

I have already told you I did not accept the delivery, I did not sign for anything

I have already told you I will not send them back, if you want them, have them picked up

I have already told you I will pass this whole issue onto the regulator

I have already told you I will take it further if there is any funds taken from my account or my wife's account via direct debit.

Please, no more messing about Grainne, just get it sorted like you said you did the 21st of November

If the order was not cancelled it is because you failed to do so, when you had already agreed to and indicated you had.

I have already told you I have 2 unopened envelopes right here

I have already told you I did not accept the delivery, I did not sign for anything

I have already told you I will not send them back, if you want them, have them picked up

I have already told you I will pass this whole issue onto the regulator

I have already told you I will take it further if there is any funds taken from my account or my wife's account via direct debit.

Please, no more messing about Grainne, just get it sorted like you said you did the 21st of November

Hi Closov,

As I had advised if the order was not accepted by you the order would have been returned straight away to our dispatch company and your order would have been cancelled.

As the phone was signed for a jiffy bag has to be requested.

I have escalated this onto the relevant team to request for this to be sent to you.

As soon as I get confirmation I will advise.

Grainne

The order was NOT accepted by me or anyone else, DPD just dropped them and ran. LONG after I had asked you to cancel and you agreed.

There was NO phone, it was 2 sim cards

How many times do I have to repeat this stuff, can you at least read back on the case? Can you not at least apologise for this mess, and the nonsense I'm having to put up with?

The order was NOT accepted by me or anyone else, DPD just dropped them and ran. LONG after I had asked you to cancel and you agreed.

There was NO phone, it was 2 sim cards

How many times do I have to repeat this stuff, can you at least read back on the case? Can you not at least apologise for this mess, and the nonsense I'm having to put up with?

Hi Closov,

I will send you a number in a PM that I need you to call. I have been advised if you call this number both numbers will be cancelled straight away for you.

I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Grainne

Hi Closov,

I will send you a number in a PM that I need you to call. I have been advised if you call this number both numbers will be cancelled straight away for you.

I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Grainne
    Yes, send me the number.

It will help if you also provide an issue reference number or the name of the person who advised you on this action and the expected resolution, so that I don't have explain the whole history to them.

I will still need confirmation, in writing, that these accounts are cancelled. Unfortunately I can't take anything said to me on the phone as holding any value.

Yes, send me the number.

It will help if you also provide an issue reference number or the name of the person who advised you on this action and the expected resolution, so that I don't have explain the whole history to them.

I will still need confirmation, in writing, that these accounts are cancelled. Unfortunately I can't take anything said to me on the phone as holding any value.

Hi Closov,

I have sent you the number and the name of the agent I was speaking to in regard to this in a PM.

Once you have contacted them let me know and I will be able confirm what has been done to your account.

I can also organise for a letter from eMobile to be sent to you confirming that your account is cancelled.

Grainne

Hi Closov,

I have sent you the number and the name of the agent I was speaking to in regard to this in a PM.

Once you have contacted them let me know and I will be able confirm what has been done to your account.

I can also organise for a letter from eMobile to be sent to you confirming that your account is cancelled.

Grainne
    But what you actually pm to me is a 1800 number and NO name.

I call the number and I have to explain it all again, and the rep cannot deal with it, it must be the supervisor, the supervisor us not there and will ring me back. I've seen this pattern on several other emobile threads here...

But what you actually pm to me is a 1800 number and NO name.

I call the number and I have to explain it all again, and the rep cannot deal with it, it must be the supervisor, the supervisor us not there and will ring me back. I've seen this pattern on several other emobile threads here...

Hi Closov,

My apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing you. I was advised once you called in your account would be cancelled. I will get this investigated for you.

Could you advise the name of the agent that you were speaking to when you called the number.

Grainne

Hi Closov,

My apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing you. I was advised once you called in your account would be cancelled. I will get this investigated for you.

Could you advise the name of the agent that you were speaking to when you called the number.

Grainne
    Gareth, and he told me the supervisor who would call me back would be Andrew H.

• Advertisement

Gareth, and he told me the supervisor who would call me back would be Andrew H.

Hi Closov,

I have checked your account now. I can confirm that both accounts are now cancelled.

My sincere apologies for the delay in processing your request.

Let me know if you wish to receive a letter confirming this.

Grainne

Advertisement